Woo Hoo! Got 33mpg with my Patriot!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Woo Hoo! Got 33mpg with my Patriot!!

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-30-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Woo Hoo! Got 33mpg with my Patriot!!

Took our '08 5 speed to the Cape on vacation. I followed my husband who was towing our camper, so speed was definately variable (having to catch up in traffic, etc). Even with a moderate amount of gear, 2 kids, and 4 bikes on the bike rack in the Reese hitch, I was able to get 33 mpg with my 5 speed!

I just love this Jeep!!!

What's your best milage with your Jeep/Compass?

Why doesn't Jeep advertise these vehicles more?

JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
Jeepinz
1994 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep Compass mpgs...

That's definitely impressive mpg!

I have been seeing ads lately for the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep family promotions.
Unread 07-31-2008, 12:42 PM   #3
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

pretty darn good considering what you had loaded in/on it

best we got was 31.8, gassed up just before the highway, set the cruise to 65, went 150 miles and gassed up just off the highway. mostly flat and sat on cruise for 90% of the trip so it was pretty much a perfect scenario for mpg, but still, I was still impressed considering the AC was on the whole way.
Unread 07-31-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
xjken99
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Why doesn't Jeep advertise these vehicles more?[/QUOTE]

If you think about it Chrysler has very little advertising on TV or print ads in magazines. About the only time you see ads for their vehicles are when they are newly introduced. They run TV ads for their promotions ($2.99 gas) but hardly ever for specific models. I know money is tight but the public tends to forget about products unless they advertise.

Great job on the mpg, is yours a 4x4 or 4x2? and which engine do you have?
Unread 07-31-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have the 4x4 2.4 liter engine. The biggest thing is that I don't have a lead foot. That's not to say that I drive like a grandma, but I do try to have smooth accellerations. I've driven the other way, and the more I put my foot into it, the more the milage suffers. I did get over 31 one day when I had the AC on full blast with the whole family in the car (and my husband is close to 300 lbs). Thanks for the info about the advertising. I had never thought about it that way before, but it does make sense. I just hope the execs at Chrysler come to their senses and stop thinking about cancelling production of either the Compass or the Patriot. Both are great vehicles, and I would hate to see the end of either one. I was so thrilled with the milage, I sent an email to Customer Service at Jeep. Hopefully, they can at least use it in some adverstising or something!
Unread 08-01-2008, 03:31 PM   #6
exxon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Chrysler doesn't advertise nor do you see them comparing their product against another manufacturer, i.e. the Tundra vs. F150 ads etc. They do this because they are humble and believe that if they build a great product that they advertise for themselves. Think about it
exxon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2008, 04:03 PM   #7
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

At least some of the public pays attention to J.D. Powers and the ratings aren't very high. I really think that they need some good ads, not the bobble heads or the city surfer.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2008, 03:59 AM   #8
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

No kidding-I think there's still a large population of the buying public that don't know how great these vehicles are. It also doesn't help when you have most critics saying that "the offerings from Jeep are as exciting as an average pair of work boots"-that was a quote from Popular Mechanics in an article about how excited they were to get a new Mitsubishi in their fleet of vehicles.

I think more people would buy these if Jeep/Chrysler advertised more.
Unread 08-06-2008, 01:37 PM   #9
Hinterlander

I don't think I have ever been more satisfied with a vehicle than I am with my Patriot. Best MPG has been 29 on a tank, all highway, 75 mph. It's the FD1 CVT 4x4 model, but it can tow my snowmobiles, launch my boat, haul kayaks, cross a creek, climb my steep, snow covered driveway and deliver lumber plus get class leading fuel economy.
Hinterlander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #10
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Good for you Hinterlander!

My husband brought home 2 55 gallon oil drums from work, as well as loaded a ton of various stuff in either of ours. You can't beat it in the snow.
Unread 08-30-2008, 03:58 PM   #11
sparky81
2008 MK Patriot 

I drive over 100 miles daily to work over some really hilly terrain... I live in western VA and work in southern WV, if that gives you any ideas... The speed limit is mostly 60 and 65 the entire way, but drops to 40 and 45 going through a couple of towns. If I stay at the speed limit the whole way and let it coast downhill I can manage to drag 30 mpg out of it at times, no cruise control. I was tickled pink...

I love this Jeep... I've put 15K on my baby since I got it in October. My mom liked mine so much she got one herself 2 weeks later! I tell everyone who asks how awesome this car really is! My best friend has a '00 Grand CHerokee and wanted to trade hers in on a Patriot too
sparky81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2008, 06:13 AM   #12
OnRoad
2008 MK Compass 

Chrysler definitely needs to get the word out.

You do not get volume via word of mouth. Volume is the only thing that you can hope for in a down economy to improve the bottom line. (Short of chopping up the company...)

I can't seem to get better than 28.9, even on the long drives. Of course my worst since the car got past the first few K miles was 25.8...
Unread 09-21-2008, 07:16 AM   #13
OrangetheRipper
2007 MK Compass 

got a compass manual, and cant get above 24 mpg even on highway, driving as conservatively as possible. sigh... i get 20 mpg city, again driving conservatively. pretty garbage actually.

kind of annoying tbh bc gas mileage was one of the reasons i bough this car.

granted i do have new, all terrain tires, which will hurt the mpg a bit sure, but i was actually getting the same mileage BEFORE the switch. and in fact, larger tires CAN mean better highway MPG if theyre by just the right amount and under the right circumstances.

which actually leads me to a question... since my speedometer is off by about 10% due to larger tires, technically, that means that the miles registered by my tripodometer are off by 10%, which means that my calculated MPG should also be off by 10%? is that correct? OR, does the trip calculate mileage through some other way than the speedometer?
OrangetheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #14
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Your miles traveled is read by sensors, not by a GPS system, so it is affected buy tire size.

Divide your current tire diameter by your original tire diameter to find the multiplier for you odometer. In my case it's 29.1/27.3=1.066.

My most recent fill up: 204.2 odometer miles x 1.066 = 217.66 actual miles. 217.66/9.59 gal = 22.68 mpg compared to about 21.6 on the EVIC. I only trust the EVIC AVG MPG to indicate a better/worse relativity.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2008, 06:30 AM   #15
Skipsjh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

With only about 600 miles on the Patriot, we averaged about 24.5mpg back and forth from Grand Rapids, MI to Cleveland, OH. It was a 600 mile roundtrip. I'm waiting to see what happens to the mileage once the engine is broken in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.