WJ owner now a MK Compass Owner HELP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > WJ owner now a MK Compass Owner HELP

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 09-03-2008, 05:19 PM   #1
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

WJ owner now a MK Compass Owner HELP

Just saying Hi since earlier this week I said goodbye to all the faces I know in the ZJ/WJ forum.

I say Help as I have gone from knowing my wj inside and out ( now gone to jeep heaven ) and basically only sparse information about my new compass other then is is the most basic model with the only addon being the CVT2 over 5 speed manual.

I like to know basically common bugs, habbits etc of the mks. So if anyone can help me out that would be great.

Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 08:59 PM   #2
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

I love my Compass Rallye - no problems whatsoever

enjoy! and welcome to the banished corner of Jeep World....

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 12:18 AM   #3
madrabbitt

what you do to the WJ?

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2008, 02:03 PM   #4
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

Dead 247 broken, blenddoors /recirc for the 3rd time. cd player screen dead, power seats acting up.

Trade in on the the MK which is as basic as basic gets only non basic item was teh cvt2 auto matic transmission. I dont even have cruise control but I happen to like it . Not as much luxary as the WJ but I am happy with the gas mileage and how I saving gas. ( but I did not get the mk to save gas) I got it because I need a new jeep and I was just not going to buy a wk. and Just did not have the money to upfront the cost of a 04wj and still get crappy gas mileage.
Unread 09-14-2008, 08:11 AM   #5
OnRoad
2008 MK Compass 

Welcome!

21K trouble free miles so far here. No odd behavior other than the SAT radio changing channel on its own a couple of times last winter. This is a definite keeper!

CVT quirks:
The car will learn how you drive so if you have been driving conservatively for a while and need to pass quickly, use the manumatic mode. To keep it from getting lazy, use the manumatic mode every once in a while...

The CVT is very different from a traditional automatic and requires a bit of practice to get the best acceleration out of it...
Unread 09-15-2008, 06:49 AM   #6
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

I been played around with it a bit about to but not much. It has pretty good acceleration I now broken her in. I drive pretty conservatively but I live in a nice quiet neighborhood that drops off into a major highway that cuts thorugh town... So I often need that quick burst of speed then I throttle back off the gas. When I get moody I tend to go driving and use the the silly autostick mode like I am actually driving a stick. lol.
Unread 09-15-2008, 09:53 AM   #7
howdy246
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnRoad View Post
Welcome!

21K trouble free miles so far here. No odd behavior other than the SAT radio changing channel on its own a couple of times last winter. This is a definite keeper!
My Sat radio did that a few times also. It would change stations until it hit channel 1 and then just stay there. In fact the FM radio was drifting a bit this morning. Kept going of the station a bit. EG. tunes to 107.1 it would go to 107.3 or 106.9. Just enough to get fuzzy reception.
howdy246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2008, 09:43 PM   #8
michaelj46901

Gentlemen....new to site...been on other jeep sites ...I've owned '98 wrangler and now '04 wrangler.... Considering compass....Question...be silly or not ?.....Will it perform in woods at all....????? I know front facia could be a problem...Other than that....If it pulls I think it would handle level 5 trails..... any comments ??
A good set of BFG all terrians.....
michaelj46901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2008, 03:29 AM   #9
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelj46901 View Post
Gentlemen....new to site...been on other jeep sites ...I've owned '98 wrangler and now '04 wrangler.... Considering compass....Question...be silly or not ?.....Will it perform in woods at all....????? I know front facia could be a problem...Other than that....If it pulls I think it would handle level 5 trails..... any comments ??
A good set of BFG all terrians.....
Welcome! Take a look here and decide if this kind of stuff suits your needs.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.