Windshield Fluid? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Windshield Fluid?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 04-18-2010, 10:20 AM   #1
jandyrodax
2007 MK Compass 

Windshield Fluid?

We have a 2007 Jeep Compass.

Back in January we got our normal oil change done and a few hours later I went to use the wiper fluid and it was barely (if at all) coming out. It was working great before then. Now the wiper fluid doesn't come out at all.

We probably should have taken it back to the oil change place (which is now 2 hours away since we have moved) to have them look at it since the did add more fluid and it was working fine prior to the oil change. My husband says he will take a look at it but with him being an over the road truck driver he's not really had the time to look at it yet.

With this pollen it's driving me nuts not being able to clean my windshield.

Anyways, how can I check to see if it's clogged or if it's something else causing the problem?

jandyrodax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Do your wipers still work? If they do then hopefully the multi switch lever plug is still connected. This would really be a fluke if it wasn't, just checking.

The windshield fluid reservoir is the one that's closest to the passenger side fender. Look down in front of it and you'll see the upper electrical connector, make sure it's seated. Below that is where the hoses connect, make sure that they are still attached/not leaking. Then follow the hoses up on the passenger side to the underside of the hood and make sure that they are attached and that you have no leaks. If you don't find any problems there then it could be the pump has quit working or there is some other electrical/wiring problem.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
jandyrodax
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
Do your wipers still work? If they do then hopefully the multi switch lever plug is still connected. This would really be a fluke if it wasn't, just checking.

The windshield fluid reservoir is the one that's closest to the passenger side fender. Look down in front of it and you'll see the upper electrical connector, make sure it's seated. Below that is where the hoses connect, make sure that they are still attached/not leaking. Then follow the hoses up on the passenger side to the underside of the hood and make sure that they are attached and that you have no leaks. If you don't find any problems there then it could be the pump has quit working or there is some other electrical/wiring problem.
Yes, the wipers are working just fine, just not the washer fluid.

All of the hoses seem to be in tact. I am tempted to dump the fluid out and see if there is anything in it. LOL!

If it is the pump that's gone out I sure hope it's not too expensive. I just want my water to work again. We haven't had any other problems out of the car except the power windows went out but luckily that was still under warranty when it happened...other than that everything else has been great.
jandyrodax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
compass , patriot , washer fluid , washer pump

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.