Will Freedom-drive II equiped on the 2010 compass? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Will Freedom-drive II equiped on the 2010 compass?

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThis is a shout out to all INTERNATIONAL Customers! Yes weSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 01-13-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
Sk8ter
2009 MK Compass 

Will Freedom-drive II equiped on the 2010 compass?

I noticed the interior pics on Jeep`s official web site.

There is a L gear on Compass` gearstick, just below the D gear.

is that means, the Freedom drive 2 system which just available on Patriot before, will be on Compass 2010 now?

you guys can check it out yourself

Sk8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2010, 06:25 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

It shows it in the picture but it's not listed as an option.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2010, 07:16 AM   #3
Urr

Why do you think, it's a picture of Compass, not Patriot?
In bright and happy future: Jeep Wrangler
Urr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2010, 07:42 AM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I thought the same thing at first, just a stock picture. I went into the site to take a look and confirm that. Notice the gold arrows in the pic? It gives you a 360 view and the rear side windows are definitely Compass.

Unread 01-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #5
Sk8ter
2009 MK Compass 

So,is this only a mistake,or there will be a 2010 FD-2 Compass soon?
Unread 01-13-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

From the Chrysler Media Center, no mention of FD II. It's never had it in the past and unless something magically happens I don't expect to ever see it on a Compass.

Auburn Hills, Mich. , Sep 1, 2009 - The Jeep® brand continues to tread in the compact sport-utility vehicle (SUV) market with the 2010 Jeep Compass — delivering fun, freedom, utility, 29-mpg highway fuel efficiency, and Jeep 4x4 capability at a terrific value.

Compact and nimble, Jeep Compass brings a new sense of adventure to the compact SUV market, combining the packaging and functionality of an SUV with the performance, handling, fuel economy and price of a compact car. Compass and its stablemate, Patriot, are the Jeep brand’s first front-wheel-drive-based products with fully independent suspensions for comfortable on-road ride and handling and fun-to-drive characteristics.

Jeep Compass is designed to deliver world-class performance and fuel economy. Jeep Compass features a 2.4-liter World Engine that produces 172 horsepower (129 kW), 165 lb.-ft. (224 N•m) of torque, and (when paired with a five-speed manual transmission) delivers 23 mpg city and 28 mpg on the highway on both 4x2 and 4x4 models.

For even greater fuel economy, and new to the 2010 Jeep Compass, a 2.0-liter World Engine with five-speed manual transmission offers 158 horsepower (117 kW), 141 lb.-ft. (191 N•m) of torque and delivers 23 mpg city and 29 mpg on the highway.

Jeep Compass offers a full-time, active four-wheel-drive system called Freedom Drive I™. This four-wheel-drive system features a lockable Electronic-controlled Coupling (ECC), giving Jeep Compass 4x4 drivers the ability to handle rough weather conditions and low-traction surfaces.
Jeep Compass is designed for customers who want four-wheel-drive capability or the year-round versatility of front-wheel drive, excellent fuel economy and an attractive price point. With modern interior and exterior styling, and traditional round Jeep headlamps and seven-slot grille, muscular body-side flares, strong stance and sweeping roofline — the 2010 Jeep Compass design broadens the global appeal of the Jeep brand.

Unread 01-13-2010, 09:38 PM   #7
Sk8ter
2009 MK Compass 

thanks for your reply.

I am a Compass owner form China, we don`t have Patriot on sale here, Compass(2.4 CVT) is our only choice if we want to buy a softroader with a Jeep badge.

Compass is enough for me in most cases, but the CVT gearbox is kind of too soft when doing offroading without a low-range gear, so i think if a FD2 Compass will do a better job when confront the same road condition.

anyway, FD1 Compass is a 85% good softroader.
Unread 01-13-2010, 11:04 PM   #8
Urr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
I thought the same thing at first, just a stock picture. I went into the site to take a look and confirm that. Notice the gold arrows in the pic? It gives you a 360 view and the rear side windows are definitely Compass.
Yes, windows are correct. And Patrot's windows are also correct. And there are some differences on the dash also, so it's not just copy-paste. But still I think, that gearstick part is just a copy-paste mistake...

Also, write beside that "Interior 360" icon is written "2009 model shown" and we all know that 2009 Compass doesn't have FDII.
In bright and happy future: Jeep Wrangler
Urr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2010, 11:11 PM   #9
Sk8ter
2009 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urr View Post
Yes, windows are correct. And Patrot's windows are also correct. And there are some differences on the dash also, so it's not just copy-paste. But still I think, that gearstick part is just a copy-paste mistake...

Also, write beside that "Interior 360" icon is written "2009 model shown" and we all know that 2009 Compass doesn't have FDII.
so this must be a mistake……
Unread 01-14-2010, 07:03 AM   #10
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Yes I believe it's a mistake. I'm no photoshop expert and I don't know how they did the 360 view and show that shifter in a Compass.

I went into the international Jeep site and tried to configure the Patriot with an FD II set up and I couldn't do it for anywhere outside of North America. I did have to stay with those countries that spoke English so I was limited on what I could check into.

So am I wrong in saying that the FD II Patriot is limited to N.A. only? But at least some have the CRD available.

Better tires will also improve your off-roading capabilities, that's what most of us have done.

Unread 01-14-2010, 06:01 PM   #11
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

Hmmm... I have driven most of the CVT's currently on the market - including the Compass, Patriot, Caliber trio. I have observed that most have (like many traditionally "geared" trannys) a low (L) gear setting to keep the vehicle in "1st" at low speeds. I recently drove (as a matter of course in my job) a 2009 CVT equiped Patriot 2WD. It also had the same shifter layout as pictured for the 2010 model.

Black '07 Compass Sport 5-speed 4X4 ("Fortuneer"), K&N filter, cat-back exhaust; RR lift, sunroof, trailer tow group, Boston Acoustic audio, sport bars, rear taillight guards, more to come... Finally got it back from the wife so I can let my Neon R/T rest for a rebuild.
fortuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2010, 06:27 PM   #12
Sk8ter
2009 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortuneer View Post
Hmmm... I have driven most of the CVT's currently on the market - including the Compass, Patriot, Caliber trio. I have observed that most have (like many traditionally "geared" trannys) a low (L) gear setting to keep the vehicle in "1st" at low speeds. I recently drove (as a matter of course in my job) a 2009 CVT equiped Patriot 2WD. It also had the same shifter layout as pictured for the 2010 model.
thank you for you reply.

i want to know when the gearstick is in L gear, will it maximize the torque of the car?

if it will, how much torque will the car get?( with the 2.4 engine)
Unread 01-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #13
Sk8ter
2009 MK Compass 

Quote:
Yes I believe it's a mistake. I'm no photoshop expert and I don't know how they did the 360 view and show that shifter in a Compass.

I went into the international Jeep site and tried to configure the Patriot with an FD II set up and I couldn't do it for anywhere outside of North America. I did have to stay with those countries that spoke English so I was limited on what I could check into.

So am I wrong in saying that the FD II Patriot is limited to N.A. only? But at least some have the CRD available.

Better tires will also improve your off-roading capabilities, that's what most of us have done.
yes, i m now planning to replace my stock Continential CPC2 215/60R17 with Pirelli Scorpion STR 235/55R17.

the stock tires had offer me a very impressive MPG, which is undeniable.
Unread 01-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #14
Sk8ter
2009 MK Compass 

one more question.

you guys know that Chrysler will stop manufacturing Compass in 2012, so how do you think about that?

will Chrysler replace the production line of Compass in Illinois to somewhere else, or just shut it down, no more Compass.
Unread 01-15-2010, 12:29 AM   #15
Tony1911
2007 MK Patriot 

Quote:
No, you are quite right. For some reason Chrysler just won't export FDII Patriots.

And yeah, we have a diesel engine available - if you like to tap-dance on three pedals as you drive. (Off-roading without a low range, with a manual transmission... I don't think so.) And as an extra bonus, here in Finland we have an extra tax to pay when you own a diesel engine, too - just the governments way of saying "**** you" one time more to their peons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortuneer View Post
Okay, that's weird. I've heard of U.S. version of the 2007 having an L on their gear selector, but as far as I've known, you guys have had the AutoStick since then as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8ter View Post
i want to know when the gearstick is in L gear, will it maximize the torque of the car?

if it will, how much torque will the car get?( with the 2.4 engine)
Assuming it's just like with the earlier FDI vehicles with an L setting, that just locks it into "first gear". Don't you guys have AutoStick in your Compasses? Same thing as pushing that into 1.

With the gasoline engine, there's plenty of torque - but unfortunately to get to it you have to run the engine at very high RPM. With an already too tall lowest "gear", that is not something you can do unless trying to climb a rather steep hill. (The exact figures should be in your owners manual.)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.