Will a Dodge Caliber Cargo Cover Fit a Compass? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Will a Dodge Caliber Cargo Cover Fit a Compass?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 12-16-2006, 04:42 PM   #1
BuzzDog

Will a Dodge Caliber Cargo Cover Fit a Compass?

I picked up my Compass Sport last Saturday, and joined this forum not long after. Never owned - or even seriously considered - a Jeep before, and so far I'm VERY happy with this vehicle. It's MUCH quieter, roomier and better handling than my 2005 Pontiac Vibe (a/k/a Toyota Matrix), for a fuel economy penalty of less than three to five miles per gallon. Funny thing is, I had no intention of buying a new vehicle...brought my Vibe to the Pontiac/GMC/Jeep dealer for a quick service, and the next thing I knew I was buying the Compass.

Here's my question: I did not order the package that contains the rear cargo cover (the "window shade"-like device that clips behind the rear seat). I checked online and found some at prices of $180 to $220, probably because the vehicle design is so new, and ones from salvage vehicles haven't yet showed up on eBay. I can, however, get a similar cover for a Dodge Caliber for under $100. Does anyone know if this piece will fit the Compass?

BuzzDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2006, 05:02 PM   #2
alwayslearnin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzDog
I can, however, get a similar cover for a Dodge Caliber for under $100. Does anyone know if this piece will fit the Compass?
I'm not really sure. However the seller allyourmissingpieces on eBay is currently listing the cargo cover for the Dodge Caliber. That seller has also listed the cargo cover for the Compass for the same price before. You may want to contact that seller and ask them. Hope that helps!
alwayslearnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2006, 05:34 PM   #3
BuzzDog

That was actually one of the ones I was looking at. Just sent the seller a question to see if he has one for a Compass, or if this is the same part for both vehicles. I'll let you guys know if the latter is the case.

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply...looks like I may have another good reason for having bought my first Jeep: the people!
BuzzDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
ToddH

I know this is a pretty old post but I was wondering, did anyone figure out if the Compass and Caliber cargo cover interchange? I checked with the dealer and he said they are different part numbers but that doesn't mean that it won't work. Just wondered if anyone found out for sure?
ToddH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
flipperCompass
2008 MK Compass 

NO it's not the same, trust me it doesn't fit.
North Edition 4x4 5spd
Bright Silver PS2
flipperCompass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cargo cover , compass , mk , patriot , security cover

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.