Where can I run a wire through the firewall - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Where can I run a wire through the firewall

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
horsey2k

Where can I run a wire through the firewall

Hello, I have a 2008 Jeep Compass, I need to run a wire through the firewall, but I could find any place that is easy to reach. I need the detail location. would you guys help me? thank you!

horsey2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2008, 11:48 AM   #2
ChvyKc
2006 XK Commander 

Your probably going to have to drill through the firewall. If you don't have a unibit I would find a local stereo shop and ask them to drill it for you. We use to charge like 5-10 bucks to do it and they know exactly where to drill without hitting anything. Ask them to put a grommit in there while your at it.
ChvyKc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2008, 02:33 PM   #3
patrick3319
2008 MK Compass 

hold on! depends what do you want it for? If you need it for a stereo wire or w/e...the gromet into the car is pretty much right where the drivers fender and door meet. Its kinda behind the rubber thing...you'll just have to poke a hole in it to get a wire thro it tho. It took me a while to find it but I did! lol... Hope this helps so you don't need to do any drilling!
patrick3319 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I would use this one that is on the firewall behind the drivers side strut. If you take a piece of 14 gauge wire and run it threw this grommet you should be able to reach up behind the dash and grab it. If you need to punch a hole in it, no problem, just seal it up with some silicone sealer when you're done.
grommet.jpg  

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #5
horsey2k

thank you for all you guys!
horsey2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #6
madrabbitt

The one that gramps pointed out is where we run the wires for lights/siren install on fleet vehicles. Just punch thru with something sharp, run as many wires as you need, then dab some waterproof black RTV on it when you're done.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2008, 03:55 PM   #7
nick8387
2008 MK Compass 

where does the wire actually come out in the cabin because i have tried to go through the grommet and i got the hanger stuck on something and now it wont come out. .
nick8387 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #8
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

That's why I suggested a piece of 14 ga wire. It's more flexible and doesn't get hung up. Now you'll have to stand on your head and reach up behind the dash and feel around to un-snag the hanger. It should come out to the left side right behind the instrument cluster.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.