Wheelin my girlfriends '12 Compass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Wheelin my girlfriends '12 Compass

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-01-2014, 06:43 AM   #1
xjtrailrider

Wheelin my girlfriends '12 Compass

Disclaimer; My Girlfriend is not your average chick, she is a responsible middle aged adult with kids/grandkids/a job/mortgage payment. But she loves mud and takes her Compass to it whenever she can. I went with her this time and I was impressed at how well she handled the Jeep and how far it could go! We started out with a scenic ride on Bald Mountain in Craig County VA then hit some mud on some other trails in the area. I'm a rock crawler, not a mudder, I have wheeled my lifted/locked XJ all over the east coast on the rocks but I will admit I had fun in the little Compass!

Some pics but none with it in action unfortunately.

She went into one tank trap that tried to rip the rear bumper/muffler off but i was able to fix it later. Al in all, the little Compass was fun. She is looking into trading up to a trailhawk.

Here is what I wheel;

xjtrailrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #2
RUparrothead
1980 J-Series Truck 

Jon, is it fd1 or fd2?

After all my xj's I've beaten up, I got the fd1 patriot last year ( you saw it at big lots right before Christmas). I've been impressed with snow and sand driving, not to mention the 28 mpg average. It's not a beast, but a darn good dd with the ability to go through more than you would think it could.
Unread 08-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #3
xjtrailrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUparrothead View Post
Jon, is it fd1 or fd2?

After all my xj's I've beaten up, I got the fd1 patriot last year ( you saw it at big lots right before Christmas). I've been impressed with snow and sand driving, not to mention the 28 mpg average. It's not a beast, but a darn good dd with the ability to go through more than you would think it could.
Hey Rick how the hell are you!?!?

I have no idea! It has an off road package and it its peppy(5spd)! I like driving it!

We need to drink beer soon
Unread 08-04-2014, 02:38 AM   #4
Tyler-98-W68
2012 MK Compass 

Easy solution to the bumper problem (I did the same) is, get a different muffler, moved farther up, and then trim the rear bumper.

Tyler-98-W68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2014, 03:22 AM   #5
xjtrailrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler-98-W68 View Post
Easy solution to the bumper problem (I did the same) is, get a different muffler, moved farther up, and then trim the rear bumper.

I like that idea!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.