What model Manual Transmission? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > What model Manual Transmission?

1 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 12-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

What model Manual Transmission?

Hi, my friend has an 06 or 07 Patriot with the 2.4 engine and a manual transmission. We were discussing the fact that the transmission has already had to be worked on once and is acting up again. The question I had was if we need to go junkyard shopping for a replacement what model transmission does he have and what other Chrysler vehicles use that same transmission. Im hoping it was used on something more common that will be easier to find in junkyards. Thanks!!

matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #2
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I don't mean to be rude, but it took me literally 30 secs to search "2006 jeep patriot specs" & find this:

5-speed Magna T355 manual

...looks like that trans was used in caliber & compass too.

Edit: some apparently report better shifting from it after using redline mtl instead of atf+4

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
miketmx
2008 MK Patriot 

I could be wrong but I thought the T355 transaxle was also used in a Neon.
miketmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketmx View Post
I could be wrong but I thought the T355 transaxle was also used in a Neon.
I'm not certain, but I believe I read that the T355 is a revised version of what the Neon had & will not interchange

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #5
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwrangler97 View Post
I'm not certain, but I believe I read that the T355 is a revised version of what the Neon had & will not interchange

Sent by a messenger bird
Once I had the model number I looked it up and that's what I discovered. Looks like he can only get one from a Caliber, a Patriot, or a Compass. Thanks for the info! Hes going to try the other tranny fluid you suggested.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2014, 09:01 AM   #6
Nubian1
1999 XJ Cherokee 

redline mtl, where have you seen that reported? could that possibly help stop my tranny from popping out of 5th gear?

Quote:
I don't mean to be rude, but it took me literally 30 secs to search "2006 jeep patriot specs" & find this:

Edit: some apparently report better shifting from it after using redline mtl instead of atf+4

Sent by a messenger bird
Nubian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2014, 10:08 AM   #7
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:

Sent by a messenger bird
it also took five seconds of common knowledge to know that there was no 2006 jeep patriot.

not to be rude
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.