What do you think Of your Compass?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > What do you think Of your Compass??

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #1
ve3oky

What do you think Of your Compass??

I'm looking at buying one of these and want to hear from the owners. What do you think of it?? What do you like/dislike and are there "must haves" when I order or am looking for one and maybe some options worth skipping. Let me know your Opinion, thanks.

ve3oky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 10:17 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve3oky
I'm looking at buying one of these and want to hear from the owners. What do you think of it?? What do you like/dislike and are there "must haves" when I order or am looking for one and maybe some options worth skipping. Let me know your Opinion, thanks.
This is really an easy question for me but where do I start?

I love mine! I just passed 24K miles and virtually no mechanical problems (LR door window channel warranty fix) and only one “engine warning light” anomaly that proved to be nothing and corrected itself.

My engine is very quiet, CVT is flawless (takes some adjustments on the driver getting acquainted with it). Ride comfort is very good in both front and rear seats, good hauling capacity (I can carry longer items than the wife’s GC because my front passenger seat folds down and hers doesn’t). The ride is not as quiet as it could be, a little more insulation could have been added by the factory but it’s not really that bad. The spare tire cover could be better secured; it can be noisy on rough roads. I would have preferred that the roof rails were more like the Patriots so that I could have used the Crossrails as opposed to the Sport UTE Bars that look a bit more aftermarket than factory.

Recommendations: HEATED SEATS! 4X4, Driver Convenience Group, Trailer Tow Package, Fog Lights, BA Sound System and A/C.

Notes on the radio and NAV system; get what you want from the factory. From all of the posts asking “how to change them” I’m happy that I don’t have to fool with mine. I have the B/A sound system which for me is more than enough and the RAQ six disc CD/AM/FM radio. I make my own mp3 discs so this one is perfect for me but it doesn’t connect directly to an IPOD. If you have an IPOD or other mp3 player that you intend on using then stay with the standard REF radio but it doesn’t play mp3 discs. Both of these are satellite compatible. The NAV unit, listed as the REC, appears to be a disappointment to many people and I don’t believe that it is satellite compatible. Maybe we can get some more opinions on that. For my use, I’ve gone with a $150 Navigon 2100 that has voice instructions and gets me anywhere that I want to go for, obviously, a whole lot less money and it’s portable.

I’ve also added the lift kit to mine and it has not affected the handling in any way that I can tell and I love the extra height and ground clearance. The original Firehawks that came on mine handled deep snow better that the 29” tires that I’ve got on it now. I do plan on dropping back down to 28” tires and getting some Pirelli Snow and Ice for next season because this global warming sure is making it colder here, just like it was back in the 60’s.

I could go on and on. Which ever of the Jeeps – Compass or Patriot – you can’t go wrong. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask.

Oh ya, almost forgot, if you have any problems you have the members on JF to help you out!

These posts could be of interest.

Compass Owner Review: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/compass-owner-review-301347/

Things that annoy you about your Compass: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/things-annoy-you-about-your-compass-360552/

Compass in the snow: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/compass-snow-2006-07-a-345239/

Compass ACTUAL mileage: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/compass-actual-mileage-316907/

How do you like your Jeep Patriot: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/how-do-you-like-your-jeep-patriot-449168/

Just finished review on Compass: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/just-finished-review-compass-350354/

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2007, 09:05 PM   #3
Jeepster55

i've only got 3K+ miles on my Compass, but i think it's great for my needs. i went from an '06 Wrangler Unlimited 6sp to my Compass Sport 4X4 CVT. i get better MPG's, it's quieter and more comfortable (duh!). i recently got my mudguards installed, sport bars and already added slush mats, a factory cargo mat and i'm about to add CC and a leather steering wheel w/remote radio controls for my BA system and RAQ radio. my next projects are a hitch and probably going with P235/65R17's on my stock wheels.

while i didn't opt for the 26E pkg, my 'D pkg' will be pretty loaded when i done. i'm HAPPY!
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #4
James750
1990 MJ Comanche 

do they make 4wd (on the fly) with 4hi and 4lo for the compass or are they all wheel drive only.
James750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2007, 02:21 PM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by James750
do they make 4wd (on the fly) with 4hi and 4lo for the compass or are they all wheel drive only.
They are an on demand AWD with a 4WD "on the fly" lock, Hi ratio onlt on all FD I's. Same on the FD II Patriot but instead has a Lo ratio only. No dual range on either one.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.