Went for a Patriot test drive and drove it home - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Went for a Patriot test drive and drove it home

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
fishgutz
2010 MK Patriot 

Went for a Patriot test drive and drove it home

Finally got around to taking a Patriot for a test drive with the whole family. My son is 6'3" and fits comfortably behind my wife who is 5'10. Though he does not fit behind me when I am driving. Still, that is a ton more back seat leg room than any Jap car that gets 30MPG. And certainly can't be touch by any other vehicle that cost only $18K.
Since this will never go off road we went with the FWD only. The closest this will get to off road are the dirt roads in the national forests.
Love the ride, room and response of the 2.4L with the CVT.

Next Jeep purchase will by 2010 Rubicon to replace my built 93 YJ.
The Patriot is our 4th Jeep.
Have over 180K miles on our Cherokee and my YJ. Expect the same out of the Patriot. But never that much out of any Yota or Mazda I previously owned.

fishgutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
karlo

Congrats on your new ride! I'm planning to get a Pat next year. Hope to hear some reviews.
karlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #3
fishgutz
2010 MK Patriot 

The CVT is impressive. Have to keep an eye on the speedo getting on the highway. gets up to 80 pretty quickly for a 4 popper.
A very "unJeep" like ride.
You won't find another vehicle, car or truck under $20K that holds 4 real adults. And my wife was actually comfortable sitting in the middle of the back seat for the test drive.
Karlo, you will not regret buying a Patriot.
fishgutz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compass , mk , opinion , patriot , test drive

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.