Ways to customize 08 compass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Ways to customize 08 compass

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #1
kevinw2345
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ways to customize 08 compass

Hey guys just wondering how you would customize this jeep compass. I am thinking of adding my own look to it, but dont know how. Any input or pictures is appreciated. Its completely stock btw

dscf1053.jpg  
kevinw2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
jacko15
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw2345 View Post
I am thinking of adding my own look to it....
That's the key. Don't ask someone else what they would do, that would be adding their look. If you're looking for ideas, check the internet for pictures of modded Compasses, there are plenty. Try a google image search. Find some mods that YOU like, and see how you can customize them to fit your personality. In this case, it really is "All about you". Check some of the Jeep parts websites. They have custom parts galore. And most importantly, have fun!
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #3
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

What's your end goal? What look are you going for?
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:33 AM   #4
kevinw2345
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
That's the key. Don't ask someone else what they would do, that would be adding their look. If you're looking for ideas, check the internet for pictures of modded Compasses, there are plenty. Try a google image search. Find some mods that YOU like, and see how you can customize them to fit your personality. In this case, it really is "All about you". Check some of the Jeep parts websites. They have custom parts galore. And most importantly, have fun!
Thanks for your response. I understand what you are saying but my goal was to come on here and see what other people would do to customize the compass. I didnt post on here to tell me what you did so i can do it myself and say its my twist. I am just looking for examples of what other peple have done. I have looked online but mainly all i have found are completly custom show cars. I have looked online at the parts websites and have a couple ideas of what i would like. Thanks again for your response i hope that my reply dont sound rude i am just trying to explain why i posted this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
What's your end goal? What look are you going for?
Thanks for your response, I am not looking to go all out i am pretty much looking for small add ons that can make the image of the vehicle look a lot more appealing. I was looking at some of the compass's on here and seen how good they all looked with some window decals strategicaly placed and not crouded (now its just what ones i want hmmmmm).
Unread 03-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I currently have two window decals, one from a local jeep club that I am pretty active with, another one from the company that made my lift. I think that's where most people get their decals from, clubs or products they support. if you plan on doing any modifications to your intake/exhaust etc. maybe look to see if they sell a decal you can put on that sparks your fancy. or if you are looking at after market wheels or if you got special tires on your MK that are some sort of performance tire and you want to show off, see if they have a sticker.
Unread 03-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #6
Tjfreak88

Lift it!!
Tjfreak88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:39 AM   #7
kevinw2345
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles View Post
I currently have two window decals, one from a local jeep club that I am pretty active with, another one from the company that made my lift. I think that's where most people get their decals from, clubs or products they support. if you plan on doing any modifications to your intake/exhaust etc. maybe look to see if they sell a decal you can put on that sparks your fancy. or if you are looking at after market wheels or if you got special tires on your MK that are some sort of performance tire and you want to show off, see if they have a sticker.
Ok Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfreak88 View Post
Lift it!!
I have thought about it just cant find a lot of info on where to buy one. Will talk to my sisters boyfriend hes into car customization. He would know for sure. Thanks man!
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #8
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

There are two options for lifts: rocky road outfitters, www.rocky-road.com, which is a spacer lift, then getting a coil lift.
Unread 03-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #9
kevinw2345
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundincircles
There are two options for lifts: rocky road outfitters, www.rocky-road.com, which is a spacer lift, then getting a coil lift.
Ok perfect thanks will look into that!
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:25 AM   #10
KLRJEEPER

Hey kevin, go with the RRO lift, then get a nice set of off road style wheels, tires and a good roof rack. looks great!
KLRJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #11
KLRJEEPER

something like these!

[IMG]http://www.***********.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11865&d=1363326463[/IMG]
KLRJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #12
kevinw2345
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRJEEPER View Post
something like these!

[IMG]http://www.***********.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11865&d=1363326463[/IMG]
That link dont work, but i get the idea. I was looking at the RRO lift might get some new tires when i have the money. Dont really need a roof rack though
Unread 03-29-2013, 06:47 AM   #13
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

replace the stars with jeep patriot (no space) and it will take you to Jdog's photo. he has a pretty sick looking pat. I love his rims.

plasti dip is a good way to do some easy customizing, especially if you decide you don't like it.
Unread 03-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #14
Morris4x4Center
Vendor

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Just a Rough Idea... Nothing too Crazy

Wheels, Tires, Lift, And a Light bar can change the whole look of the Jeep Compass
ideascompass.jpg  

Morris4x4Center.com

Toll Free: 877.553.5337 | Free Shipping on Orders Over $99!|
PM me for any questions or Price-Matching!
Morris4x4Center is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.