Water leaking in my '07 Patriot? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Water leaking in my '07 Patriot?

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 12-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #1
websurrfr
2007 MK Patriot 

Water leaking in my '07 Patriot?

Yesterday water started leaking out around the buttons that turn the light over my rear view mirror on and off. There is also a little bit of water pooled in the light itself. The water leaks out only when I hit the breaks leading me to believe that the water is pooled somewhere behind the light.

I live in WA so it rains all the time and this has never happened. My car was frozen over this weekend with a good amount of ice that I had to scrape off.

My first thought was that it was condensation but it was more water coming out than I think condensation would account for. My sun roof is fully closed and there is no sign of leakage around that.

Has anyone experienced this? I can't see where water would be getting in that it would be getting to the light over my rear view mirror.

websurrfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
tazman900
2008 MK Patriot 

Unfortunatley there have been quite a few with the leaking problem with and without the sunroof. Some have gotton it resolved while others have not and has gotton to the point of the lemon law.
I believe there is a Service Bulletin out for it now for the 07 and 08s. Start keeping a log in case it can't be fixed and get in touch with your dealer. If they tell you your the first one he's wrong, Chrysler is familiar with the problem.

RIch
tazman900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 12:16 PM   #3
websurrfr
2007 MK Patriot 

Thanks. I will make sure to keep an accurate record of all service related to this.
websurrfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
geopa
2008 MK Compass 

Saw the same thing with the 08 Compass that we test drove (had a sunroof), that right after the saleswoman kept insisting that sunroofs would not develop leaking problems with age, boy was she PO'ed about that.
Bought a Compass, but one without the sunroof. No leaking problems so far
geopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
zxjockey
2007 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by websurrfr View Post
Yesterday water started leaking out around the buttons that turn the light over my rear view mirror on and off. There is also a little bit of water pooled in the light itself. The water leaks out only when I hit the breaks leading me to believe that the water is pooled somewhere behind the light.

I live in WA so it rains all the time and this has never happened. My car was frozen over this weekend with a good amount of ice that I had to scrape off.

My first thought was that it was condensation but it was more water coming out than I think condensation would account for. My sun roof is fully closed and there is no sign of leakage around that.

Has anyone experienced this? I can't see where water would be getting in that it would be getting to the light over my rear view mirror.
Did you ever get a resolution to this? I just got the same thing after heavy icing.
zxjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #6
the mad hatter
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have an 07 Patriot and have a leak as well. Yesterday was my second time taking it in. The first 'fix' was a disconnected drain tube, and the second 'fix' was the windsheild not sealed properly.

But then I get it back from the dealer yesterday and there's a huge crease in the headliner by the dome light. They actually tried to pass it off to me in that condition. I let the service guy know and now I have to go back in a week for them to install a new one.

If it's not one thing it's twenty.
Unread 02-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
dan8379
2009 MK Patriot 

We just bought a 2009 Patriot last weekend (my first jeep) and in the one we first test drove water literally started pouring in all over the dashboard from the switch for the sunroof. I felt so bad for the salesman...my wife and I couldn't stop laughing. The water would stop and a couple of minutes later it would start pouring in again. It was really hilarious. But I loved the Patriot so much that I test drove another one and ended up buying it. Hopefully I wont' have the same problem with this one.
dan8379 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.