Warranty and exporting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Warranty and exporting

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-12-2008, 04:47 AM   #1
plunderisley

Warranty and exporting

All new Jeeps come with a 36K miles warranty from the factory, right? I shipped my car from USA to Europe as I am studying out here and when I went to the dealer with my Jeep Compass they told me that since I shipped it, it voided the warranty. I don't think this is true, is it?

plunderisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2008, 05:10 AM   #2
biggered
1997 ZJ 

I think they are correct.

I live very close to the Canadian border and have heard that is the case when a Jeep, Dodge or Chrysler product is shipped from the US to Canada which may be only a few miles away.

Good luck.

RED
biggered is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2008, 07:09 AM   #3
Rends

Yes the dealer is correct.
there is an EU wide 2 years warranty but once you ship to the US or from US to europe you loose your warranty.
Rends is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2008, 08:27 AM   #4
JLink
2007 MK Patriot 

I am in the Army stationed over seas and have exported personally and bought exported vehicles here in Europe... The deal is yes technically you voided the US issued warranty because its US Spec and it was bought in the US. Now if you would have had them ship it to you in Europe and you took delivery here rather than in the US then you would be covered by the warranty.

Now you can find some dealers that will honor your US warranty if your in the military. However you stated you are studying which makes me believe your a college student and not in the military. Now you can buy an additional International warranty that will cover your car if you so desire... but I wouldn't recommend it.
a Scan Gauge II and a Garmin GPSMap 60CSX
[url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2653175]CarDomain[/url]
JLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2008, 04:24 PM   #5
plunderisley

They offered some type of extra warranty 1year at 700USD. Up to 30k KM (10,750miles)
Thing is stuff out here is very cheap to get done. Fixing my flat in my tire cost 8USD total. Any type of body work, electrical, etc is affordable.
plunderisley is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.