Warning...Parts on Backorder, Owners not considered priority by Jeep! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Warning...Parts on Backorder, Owners not considered priority by Jeep!

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 12-05-2007, 04:39 AM   #16
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnuck
I would contact the local news and have them do a story on it. P!$$!ng on their leg might get some attention! (I walked into the middle of the showroom floor here when my wife got a new truck that turned out to have been written off and not listed as such and raised such a ruckus that the OWNER came to see what was going on and why the news cameras were there!)
EXCELLENT!

Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2007, 07:15 AM   #17
jaisunihm
2007 MK Compass 

!@#$%

Wow, that sounds ridiculous that customer service would say such a thing like that. I would have raised all hell if they said something like that to me after buying one of their vehicles. It is unbelievable how some of these company's handle issues. I will be careful when dealing with parts. I have to take my car in to the dealer to rectify a whistling sound from my engine so hopefully they won't have to order any parts. Cheers!
jaisunihm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #18
shimmy59
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unibus
I used to live in Doylestown, Pa where Fred Beans owns at least half the car dealerships in town. Trust me Fred is not your Pal

Run, don't walk away from any of Fred's dealers. If one of my vehicles broke down in front of one of their 15 dealerships, I'll push it down the road to someone else.
shimmy59 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2007, 04:36 PM   #19
94YJ&07Compass

Well here's the latest...
After taking 51 jeepsters advice I first called Fred Beans back and got a different parts guy since my normal guy wasn't there. He said that the body parts go through their wholesale warehouse and if i wanted to get updated info to call them. (first time i heard that) So I called, and they guy told me that my original order was deemed "lost in shipping", and a new part was ordered just yesterday! (NICE!!!!!!!) So I called the wonderful Chrysler customer service hotline back. I spoke w/ a cheery lady named Anne who informed me that my new part was now definately on order and should arrive any day. So when i asked to speak to her supervisor she went and spoke w/ him first and then immediately started making more phone calls. I could go on and on and on about what all happened in this 1:20min long phone call (35 min of which were on hold), but nobody would care to read this.

I'll just say that I finally got to speak the call center supervisor named Richard. I told him how upset I was about everything that happened and how i felt that Chrysler could at least help cover my rental from the time they "lost my part" till my new one arrives. YEA.... That really went over well w/ them. He went off on me about how he felt that his call center handled my case just fine and that if I have issues I need to take them up w/ Fred Beans and not Chrysler. So I called Fred beans back and told them that and they of course they laughed me off n told me it wasn't their fault it got lost in shipping.
The ole passing the buck routine always works in corporate america.
I'm so happy right now i could scream.
The short of it.... my part's now due to arrive Fri earliest, monday latest. NICE!!!!!! THANKS CHRYSLER FOR ALL YOUR HELP! REALLY APPRECIATE IT!
94YJ&07Compass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2007, 07:09 PM   #20
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Mike,

I really feel for you! With service like that it's no wonder that Chrysler is still on the slide. I'm just very happy that I have 3 REALLY great dealers that will bend over backwards for the Wife and I, so they're not ALL bad. Do you have any other dealers in your area that you can go to next time?

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #21
ChadJK
2007 MK Compass 

When I got my Jetta in 2005 (right after the redesigned ones first hit the dealer lots) I had a belt tensioner go out on it the second week I owned it. I had to wait 14 days for the part to come from Germany. It seems they released the cars in the USA before they released the spare parts. Luckily, it was a warranty item and the dealership gave me an Audi A4 to drive around while my Jetta was awaiting parts. Still, I found it rather foolish to start selling carts before spare parts were domestically available.

We had some issues with a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealer in Omaha when my wife got her Compass. We turned them into the Better Business Bureau (complete with names, dates, invoice numbers, etc.). Within two days our problem was resolved, they mailed us a check for $300, and gave us a free service contract for routine maintenance. Dealerships obsess over their 5-star ratings and whatnot.
[/B][/COLOR]
ChadJK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #22
jnkyrdg04

had that problem with a fender liner that the dealer had to replace on my 07 Patriot because of damage. I called Chrysler, after I found out my liner was on backorder and they said they werent sure how long it would be, and they had it at the dealership in 2 days. They claimed they called the manufacturer and they found one or made one or something.
jnkyrdg04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2007, 06:29 PM   #23
Jeepster55

Mopar has brought this BACK-ORDER crap on themselves. first, the manufacturer does away with "Daily" orders and "Weekly Stock" orders and replaces them with "Daily Stock" orders. what's the difference you ask?

before the first of the year, if a customer was in need of a part that wasn't in stock, the dealership could order it on a 'Daily" order. if the closest parts depot didn't have the part, the order would be referred to the next closest stocking depot. this means that at the worst, someone may have to wait for a few additional days to get a part. system works....and i believe that if it's not broken, don't fix it.

well, Mopar couldn't leave well alone. they now have "Daily Stock" orders which combines the dealers order to replenish their stock along with any customers special needs. with these orders, they are sent to the closest parts depot and if they are out, too bad. the order doesn't get referred to the next closest depot. this is where many dealers 'drop the ball'. instead of upgrading the the order to "Special Handling" or even "VOR" (vehicle off road), the dealer just waits for their depot to get the parts in stock and fill the order. this could take weeks and in some cases, MONTHS.

so, bottom line is this; if you have an part on order and your dealer is telling you that it's on "Back Order", ask them if they have UPGRADED your order. at our dealership, we do this BEFORE we even order the part. we see where it's stocked and if the part is not in our Chicago Depot, we upgrade it to SPH when we place the order. generally, within 2-3 days, our customer has their part.

while there are always instances when a new model is introduced, that parts availability may be poor, this is generally not the case and outside of a strike or vendor supply problem, Mopar has your part for you....somewhere.

Good Luck and Happy Parts Hunting.....
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.