Warning...Parts on Backorder, Owners not considered priority by Jeep! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Warning...Parts on Backorder, Owners not considered priority by Jeep!

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 11-23-2007, 01:19 PM   #1
94YJ&07Compass

Warning...Body Panels are on Backorder 4 Compass

Hey everyone.

I'm a new member but I've been here as a guest reading the boards for a while. Decided to finally post to warn other Compass owners that if they get into an accident they might be waiting a while on parts!
Long story short... Wife was in accident October 6th in our 07 4x4 limited Compass. It's now Nov 23rd and we are still waiting on parts! Been in touch w/ Chrysler customer service about this for last two weeks. They claim parts just issued but yet they can't trace them down and are not being much help. (Keep getting run around!) Rental contract ran out through insurance cause it's taking so long to get these parts. I asked if they could help provide a rental... They told me it wasn't their problem since it's not a warranty item, and that I wasn't a priority because it wasn't a factory defected body panel so I have to wait! They told me specifically that I (as an owner) was not a priority in their system! What's up w/ that!?! I feel it's their problem cause they can't provide (or trace) the parts down in almost two months!!! Just a warning to other owners, you might want to extend your rental coverage on your insurance.
Anyone else have any similar problems? Thanks for letting me vent...
NOT VERY HAPPY W/ JEEP!
Mike

Last edited by 94YJ&07Compass; 11-23-2007 at 02:22 PM..
94YJ&07Compass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2007, 03:23 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I wouldn't be very happy with that either! Isn't there some kind of Federal law that requires them to supply parts for at least 5 years even after the vehicle has been discontinued? So the Compass hasn't been discontinued, the parts should be made available.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2007, 06:18 AM   #3
94YJ&07Compass

The're going to supply the parts eventually, just not in a very timely manner. That's why i'm so upset with them. I can understand their logic more if it was an older vehicle and it took two months to get parts, but not on a brand new one that's still rolling off the factory floor.
And I'm upset about the fact that one; after my first attempt to call customer service they were not concerened about my problem and pushed me back off onto the dealer. And two; they then informed me that they had a priority system they went on and if I wanted to be considered a priority I'd have to pay a 15% surcharge on the parts! (Which I did 10 days ago, and the parts still aren't here.)
I just think there is a disconnect here w/ jeep and their customer service.
Unread 11-25-2007, 06:45 PM   #4
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Never heard of ANYTHING like that before. Working in automotive a little, I think where I am runs service parts maybe once a week. So I could see why it could be a problem getting them, but then again these aren't mass produced like the Jeeps are. Get on the ball Chrysler!
Unread 11-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #5
XJ2Timer

I heard of the same thing happening when the PT Cruiser first came out. They use the entire supply of parts for building more and figure selling more to new customers is better than taking care of someone who has already bought one.
There are a bunch of Compasses just sitting on the local dealers lot. Come strip the parts you need.
Unread 11-30-2007, 07:40 PM   #6
Jeepster55

unfortunately this happens many times when new models are introduced. i've been in Mopar Parts for the past 8 years (with a Mopar Master Dealer that is one of the top 50 in the country) and with a total of 25+ total years in dealership parts, i have pretty much seen everything.

i would be interested to see just what parts your dealer is waiting on. if you would care to email or PM me with a list, i would get back to you with some clarification. i might be able to see just how much effort your dealer is putting forth in getting your parts. oh, by the way, YOU shouldn't have to pay any additional percentage for your parts if they're on back-order. the dealer should automatically 'upgrade' your order to either "Special Handling" or "VOR" (vehicle off road) and if they're on back order, there is no additional charge from Mopar to the dealer or YOU.

i think we all understand that '**** happens' from time to time, but if i'm kept informed, i'm not so likely to get really upset. let me know if you like.
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #7
mighty4banger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You need to leave that dealership and find one that vaules you as a customer. Seems these days it's hard to find such a dealership. Good luck.
95 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 4.88's, Aussie Locker D30, 35" Mud Rovers, Herculined tub, TKH rear bumper, Ford 8.8, JB Conv. SYE, Sylvania Silver Stars, T-MAX 9K winch, MORE 1" body lift, Turbo City oil pan skid, Rubicon Express 4" lift...

2012 KK Black all stock.
mighty4banger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2007, 05:49 PM   #8
94YJ&07Compass

The dealership is Fred Beans in Philadelphia, Pa, the last part number that i'm waiting for is #68001973AD. I like the dealership actually, and the parts department is helpful. They give me updates and are very friendly. They say that these rear fenders are in stock now and they have no idea why it hasn't arrived yet. So I'm curious if the info that 51 jeepster can get me matches what they are telling me. They also told me there is no tracking number in the system for my part and that i have to call the Chrysler customer service hotline.
It's them that i'm so pissed with. They always give me the runaround when i call them on different issues, and i'm not even going to start going on about everything cause the post would be way too long. Lets just say that they would prefer you not call them and always just deal w/ your dealership.
Great "customer service" hotline then huh?
Unread 12-03-2007, 06:23 PM   #9
94YJ&07Compass

Well, here's an update incase anyone cares to follow the drama...

They finally told me after several calls that the part shipped the 17th and was due to arrived by the 28th. Well it didn't. So i gave them an extra day and called them back on the 29th. She informed me that there was no tracking avail and absolutely nothing they could do for me and i should "sit and wait". So that's where I am now... still waiting. I called the dealership today. They now tell me that according to their system the part shows being shipped out on the 29th!! WTF is up w/ that??? I really feel that i'm getting royaly shafted. I still stand behind my initial comment that Chrysler/Jeep does not care or consider customers a priority. Maybe i should take this time that i'm "waiting" and go car shopping... at a different lot.
I'm pissed! I pray none of my fellow MK owners have to endure the same situation. $45 dollars a day for a rental waiting on jeep to get off their butts isn't cheap. You've been warned.
Unread 12-03-2007, 06:23 PM   #10
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94YJ&07Compass
The dealership is Fred Beans in Philadelphia, Pa, the last part number that i'm waiting for is #68001973AD. I like the dealership actually, and the parts department is helpful. They give me updates and are very friendly. They say that these rear fenders are in stock now and they have no idea why it hasn't arrived yet. So I'm curious if the info that 51 jeepster can get me matches what they are telling me. They also told me there is no tracking number in the system for my part and that i have to call the Chrysler customer service hotline.
It's them that i'm so pissed with. They always give me the runaround when i call them on different issues, and i'm not even going to start going on about everything cause the post would be way too long. Lets just say that they would prefer you not call them and always just deal w/ your dealership.
call Fred Bean. ask them to contact the Mopar Expediting Department at 800-765-7732. if they give you the run around, then ask for their dealer code and tell them you'll do it yourself. then call that number, with your VIN and their dealer code and part number. you should be able to find out where your part is. if you have a problem still, PM me and i'll call Fred Bean myself. DEAL??? Good Luck.......Kevin
Unread 12-03-2007, 07:28 PM   #11
94YJ&07Compass

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51 Jeepster
call Fred Bean. ask them to contact the Mopar Expediting Department at 800-765-7732. if they give you the run around, then ask for their dealer code and tell them you'll do it yourself. then call that number, with your VIN and their dealer code and part number. you should be able to find out where your part is. if you have a problem still, PM me and i'll call Fred Bean myself. DEAL??? Good Luck.......Kevin

Dude, your the best!
That's seriously the most help and answers i've gotten in over a month! I can't thank you enough. I'll let you know what happens.
Still bugs me that i couldn't get that from them though.
I do really really appreciate all the help.
Unread 12-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #12
Jeepster55

Quote:
Dude, your the best!
That's seriously the most help and answers i've gotten in over a month! I can't thank you enough. I'll let you know what happens.
Still bugs me that i couldn't get that from them though.
I do really really appreciate all the help.

"...the BEST"? hey, i'm good, but probably not 'the best'. but thanks anyway...

so what's the latest?
Unread 12-04-2007, 05:39 PM   #13
unibus
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
I used to live in Doylestown, Pa where Fred Beans owns at least half the car dealerships in town. Trust me Fred is not your Pal
unibus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2007, 07:20 PM   #14
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unibus
I used to live in Doylestown, Pa where Fred Beans owns at least half the car dealerships in town. Trust me Fred is not your Pal
That sounds familiar. Columbus MS, the biggest town near where I actually live, has one guy that owns ALL the GM product dealers (Chevy, Buick, Dodge, GM, etc), Dodge, Jeep, Mazda, Toyota, Mitsubishi, and such. The only things he doesn't own are the sad little Chrysler only dealership and the combination Nissan/Hyundai dealership.
Unread 12-04-2007, 08:46 PM   #15
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

I would contact the local news and have them do a story on it. P!$$!ng on their leg might get some attention! (I walked into the middle of the showroom floor here when my wife got a new truck that turned out to have been written off and not listed as such and raised such a ruckus that the OWNER came to see what was going on and why the news cameras were there!)
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.