Want Power Options - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Want Power Options

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-15-2008, 03:06 AM   #1
dolanmx305

Want Power Options

Friend bought a new compass and well long story short, dealership said compass was gonna have power windows, locks, cruise, and the keyless entry...well its bought and it doesnt.

Well they said they might install the cruise for free but "sorry" for the rest. Its my friends friend that was the salesman so shes bummed but letting it blow over.

My question Is Anybody know how much or where I could even get parts to install power windows and locks...Just kinda want to see how much it'd run...

I know your gonna say take it back to the dealer and tell them to make it right but I guess thats not an option so any advice to pricing is appreciated. Thanks

dolanmx305 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
charlimc
2008 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolanmx305 View Post
Friend bought a new compass and well long story short, dealership said compass was gonna have power windows, locks, cruise, and the keyless entry...well its bought and it doesnt.

Well they said they might install the cruise for free but "sorry" for the rest. Its my friends friend that was the salesman so shes bummed but letting it blow over.

My question Is Anybody know how much or where I could even get parts to install power windows and locks...Just kinda want to see how much it'd run...

I know your gonna say take it back to the dealer and tell them to make it right but I guess thats not an option so any advice to pricing is appreciated. Thanks
I got power windows put into a Dodge Caravan> After I bought it with the crank windows my wife developed an injury and found it painful to wind the window down. It cost about 400 - that was labour included - about 10 years ago.
charlimc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2008, 06:02 PM   #3
Jeepster55

Quote:

i'm confused........how did this happen?

didn't they see the car BEFORE they signed the loan agreement? how do you NOT notice you didn't get power windows? i can understand missing the CC, but POWER WINDOWS? KEYLESS ENTRY? come on.....and you say complaining to the dealer is not an option?

i'm sorry, there's GOT to be more to this story....

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlimc View Post
I got power windows put into a Dodge Caravan. It cost about 400 - that was labour included - about 10 years ago.
let me guess.... it was someone that installs aftermarket sunroofs and accessories? can't see a DEALER using OEM Mopar Parts doing that. the wiring itself would be a nightmare. a couple power window regulators with motors are more than that and that doesn't include the switches, labor, etc.

i wouldn't bother if i were them. i've got the 26D pkg on MY Compass and i PREFER IT THAT WAY!!! (....but i DO miss the Keyless Entry )
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
dolanmx305

"i'm sorry, there's GOT to be more to this story...."

"...and well long story short"

Yes. More to the story, but I kept it short. Thats why long story short.

We test drove an 07 that had the power windows, locks, keyless, cruise etc...well the dealer found an 08 at a partner lot 2 hours away and said yes it has keyless, power all etc...reassured us twice actually that it did. They needed to buy it from the other lot and transport it to the local lot and obvioulsy wouldnt do it unless they had a buyer so she signed the papers ahead of time...She called even when it was there before picking it up and they assured her it did have all the options. We went to pick it up and it did not have them.

Already said the following
"I know your gonna say take it back to the dealer and tell them to make it right..."

Now obviously you'd have to buy actuators wiring switches etc...but what I guess Im asking is where you would go to try and find this stuff...Thank-You
Unread 03-15-2008, 08:50 PM   #5
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Well, first it seems to me like someone got screwed here. I would have never driven the car off the lot if it didn't have the options I agreed to, or something in writing saying they were going to add the factory options they agreed to have one the car. Anyways too late for that.

The door locks would be the easiest. Get an alarm installed and have them add the actuators. Most alarms can lock and unlock the doors with the ignition being turned on and off. There would be no buttons for locking and unlocking thought. That would also solve the keyless entry issue.

You can order and have the cruise control installed via the dealership I do believe. It is not cheap though.

Power windows is not that easy ... since the doors have holes for cranks cut in the panel. I remember back in the day you could get motors that go over the shaft and make the windows go up and down. Kind of a cheesy system and I am not even sure if they still make these.

Good luck ... try crutchfield or a local audio/security shop. If it were me I would find a new dealer.
'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Peep my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031696
rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2008, 12:16 PM   #6
dolanmx305

I think the dealers gonna put the cruise in, no charge.

As far as the power windows shes not too concerned...

Her main concern is getting the keyless/illuminated entry...so if anyone knows an alarm system where they could do this or more as to what you said that'd be great...
Unread 03-16-2008, 03:25 PM   #7
Jeepster55

Quote:
I think the dealers gonna put the cruise in, no charge.

As far as the power windows shes not too concerned...

Her main concern is getting the keyless/illuminated entry...so if anyone knows an alarm system where they could do this or more as to what you said that'd be great...
yea, the Mopar Cruise Control Accessory Kit is a breeze to install....simple 'plug and play', so to speak.

as for the keyless, if you have a 'Ziebart' store in your area (yea, you're thinking 'rustproofing', right?) you might try them. they've gotten big in aftermarket accessories such as sunroofs, tint, alarm systems, etc. maybe keyless is an option too?
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #8
paulmatyn

1992 XJ Cherokee 

heard of bestbuy? they have alarm kits and they install them too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysEdition04 View Post
After reading 7-8 of your posts I've come to the conclusion that you may be mentally retarded, which is why I won't ask what "brain guts" are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Dodgers View Post
I'd rather take the chance and belive in God than take the chance and not.
Cuz ya got nothing to lose by believing, but ya sure might if ya don't.
White Jeep Club Member-2027
paulmatyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.