Vibration of Accelerator & Brake Pedals In Compass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Vibration of Accelerator & Brake Pedals In Compass

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 99551 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
mrsticklmyer

Vibration of Accelerator & Brake Pedals In Compass

Hi Guys,

I have a 2007 Jeep Compass. I am the original owner and it has 48,500 miles on it. Within the last month, Ive had my rear pads and rotors replaced, had front suspension work done (replacing both lower control arms) and a front end alignment.

About 3 weeks after the brake job, my accelerator and brake pedals started vibrating. A week after that, I heard a loud sweaking noise whenever I applied the brake. I took it back to Belle Tire last week, which is where I had the brake job done. Turns out they put the wrong size rotors on. They replaced them, at no charge of course. It drove smooth for a few days. Then, earlier this week, the vibrating in the accelerator and brake pedals returned. The accelerator vibrates quite a bit at speeds 40 and under. Not so much above 50 but it's still there. The brake it also vibrating whenever I stop.

Any ideas of what could be going on? Do you think it's still the rotors or something else? I'm really frustrated because I've spent $1000 on all of this work within the last month and I can't seem to get the bloody thing back to running smoothly. My money is low and I'm hoping it's not something else that needs replacing that's going to end up costing me a small fortune. Is it typical to have these problems with a vehicle with less than 50,000 on it?

mrsticklmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
Urr

Tires are balanced?
In bright and happy future: Jeep Wrangler
Urr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
mrsticklmyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urr View Post
Tires are balanced?
No, I don't think I've ever had a tire balance. No one has ever suggested it to me. I don't know much about cars. I always depend on the mechanics to tell me what I need. I will have this done and hopefully, that will stop the vibrations. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll have to come here more often to educate myself.
mrsticklmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 02:50 AM   #4
wesleyd
2009 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticklmyer View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a 2007 Jeep Compass. I am the original owner and it has 48,500 miles on it. Within the last month, Ive had my rear pads and rotors replaced, had front suspension work done (replacing both lower control arms) and a front end alignment.

About 3 weeks after the brake job, my accelerator and brake pedals started vibrating. A week after that, I heard a loud sweaking noise whenever I applied the brake. I took it back to Belle Tire last week, which is where I had the brake job done. Turns out they put the wrong size rotors on. They replaced them, at no charge of course. It drove smooth for a few days. Then, earlier this week, the vibrating in the accelerator and brake pedals returned. The accelerator vibrates quite a bit at speeds 40 and under. Not so much above 50 but it's still there. The brake it also vibrating whenever I stop.

Any ideas of what could be going on? Do you think it's still the rotors or something else? I'm really frustrated because I've spent $1000 on all of this work within the last month and I can't seem to get the bloody thing back to running smoothly. My money is low and I'm hoping it's not something else that needs replacing that's going to end up costing me a small fortune. Is it typical to have these problems with a vehicle with less than 50,000 on it?
You can get bad rotors even if new, especially if they have been dropped during shipping or by the insatller. If the brakes are squealing badly when new it generally means warped rotors as the surface for the pads is uneven and causes rapid wear in some spots while no wear on others. This causes high spots on the pads so when they do touch the rotor it creates a squeal. I would have the shop replace them, pads and rotors. Vibrations in the brake pedal are generally warped rotors, or broken pads.
wesleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
howdy246
2008 MK Compass 

Have them check that the calliper pins were installed correctly. If they reversed the pins then it will cause some problems.
howdy246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Also check for a bubble in the tire. I had one that had good days and bad days and the ride/noise would even change during a 15 mile trip. It was different than the standard 'thump, thump' of other bubbles that I had in the past, it sounded more like a possible wheel bearing problem. I turned out to be a small bubble on the inside edge that grew so if I was parked just right you couldn't see it.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.