Very First 2007 Jeep Compass North Edition - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Very First 2007 Jeep Compass North Edition

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 08-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
FirstJeep2007
2007 MK Compass 

Very First 2007 Jeep Compass North Edition

Hello All,

Just bought my very first Jeep Compass North Edition! I am finding the suspension really really tight in it. My DH seems to think that it shouldn't be that tight, now keep in mind we bought it three weeks ago and it only had 63000 KM on it, I am wondering if anyone else thinks that it will loosen or is that just the way they are? Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Tracy

FirstJeep2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #2
jasonwe
2012 MK Compass 

The Compasses I have rode in all had very tight, stiff suspensions compared to past vehicles I've owned. It is a Jeep, after all, not a Cadillac.
[I]4.7L V8, 545RFE, Big Horn Edition[/I]
jasonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

If by 'tight' you mean quick and sensitive yes they are. The wife has always had Grand Cherokees and while she loves the turning radius in all of them she finds my Compass tighter than her GC's. Although not a sports car it's feels more so than the bigger Jeeps.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
FirstJeep2007
2007 MK Compass 

Thanks everyone, I have never had a vehicle where I can hear the suspension squeak as I climb over something slowly. In this case we were camping, entering our site and I was moving slowly, I could hear the suspension sort of squeak, however I know it is new because we couldn't pick up the Jeep until it had been replaced.
I for one am LOVING IT!!
FirstJeep2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.