Urgent Help with Battery - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Urgent Help with Battery

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

Urgent Help with Battery

Due to abnormal warm florida weather and my heavy use of electronics inside my jeep, well the mopar battery lasted about 4 years and is pretty much on the dead side.

I have a new battery but now have a problem .

Do to some crappy neighbor kid stealing both my socket sets I dont know what size the bolt is down in the front that holds the battery in place.

If anyone knows if it SAE or metric and what size please let me know . Thanks.

Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

Just for future reference,

Nut for the block that holds the battery in place is a metric 14mm socket. For the terminals 10mm
Unread 04-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

What sort of electronics killed the battery? I'm planning a stereo install and worried about my electrical system. Did you have the 120 or 140 amp alternator?
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
rivalarrival
Stormaggedon

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post
What sort of electronics killed the battery? I'm planning a stereo install and worried about my electrical system. Did you have the 120 or 140 amp alternator?
I'm thinking it had more to do with the "4 years" part and less to do with the specific electronics installed...

We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart

Any gas can be a knockout gas, when you wrap a steel cylinder around it and beat someone with it.

Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club member #188
rivalarrival is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
I'm thinking it had more to do with the "4 years" part and less to do with the specific electronics installed...
Well I have drained it before on accident I got working out in the middle of no where I the laptop plug into the inverter and friend was watching a movie on HBO. I have a KVH A slim profile dish with directv power two tvs in the back. The dish was given to me by a client of mine who bought it for his hummer and never used it.

Florida sun heat tends to do a number on batteries. But I figured between age and heat and well the fact that I accidentally let it die a few times it was time to replace. I replaced it it was not holding a charge as well as it used too.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.