Upgrading door speakers in Roit?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Upgrading door speakers in Roit??

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-26-2010, 06:51 AM   #1
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

Upgrading door speakers in Roit??

Has anyone upgraded the door speakers in their patriot without changing the head unit? Is it worth it? Or should i wait and change the CD deck and the door speakers at the same time?

Im OK with the stock head unit, but im just wondering if changing the door speakers to some better Pioneer 6x9s will give it the better sound i want, or if it wont be powerfull enough?

For more info:
I do have a 4000watt class D monoblock Hifonics Amp and two 12" and two 10" subwoofers. But i do not feel the need to put them in my riot. (well not until summer)

Im just looking for some input. Thanks for any advice!

armystrong68w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I have the BA system so I haven't needed to change anything on mine. I have read that changing the standard speakers is well worth it. There are many sources but using the guides in Crutchfield could point you in the right direction for sizing.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 08:33 PM   #3
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

Im all set for sizing and everything, Im just wondering if better speakers (higher RMS) would make a difference in sound quality (and quantity :] )
armystrong68w is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2010, 05:24 AM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I hear these are a great improvement. Anything with similar specks would have similar results http://www.moparsupercenter.com/77kick06.html

I stole these reviews from another site:

OP 1
Quote:
I just replaced my 4 base speakers with the Mopar/Kicker speakers that are factory fit and plug and play. Very easy, took about 10 minutes total for all 4 speakers. I would recommend a trim panel removal tool, as a screwdriver may scratch panels. There are 4 screws, with 2 being longer. They require a Torx or Allen wrench.

The speakers sound much better. No distortion at all, even at high volumes. I have listened with the volume up to 30, and the sound is perfectly clean, and the bass is much improved. The high notes are much more pronounced, which takes a while to get used to.

Looks like a pretty good upgrade approach - the stock speakers could definitely be better. The note on that 77kick06 seemed to indicate that it was for the front only

I replaced all 4 base door speakers. I saw no problems with the back speakers, they fit just as nicely as the front door speakers. Very easy install. I would really like to have dash speakers, but didn't feel like messing with the wiring into the dash.
OP 2
Quote:
I replaced all my door speakers with Pioneer 6972R's. On crutchfield they show they only fit in the back door. They fit perfectly in both front and back doors. A little more snug then the stock but I didn't have to mod anything to get them in. Not sure about the Mopar upgrades but I would guess if it fits in the front it will in the back.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sound system , speakers , stereo

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.