upgrading a base model - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > upgrading a base model

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
skytaz
2011 MK Compass 

upgrading a base model

I just bought a 2011 Compass and looks to be a base model by what it has. I would like to upgrade the stereo and steering wheel with the audio controls.
I would even like to add the 120v adapter under the center arm rest.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

skytaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 04:20 AM   #2
ddavidv
2008 MK Patriot 

The 120v adapter may be pretty simple; you may find the wiring is already in place for that. The steering wheel I doubt will be do-able simply because of the cost of the components. Steering wheel $284, Radio switches $53 each...it may also require a new airbag clockspring to make the wiring connections...you can quickly tie up $500 in this project. I personally have never liked the wheel mounted controls; in my Sebring I have a tendency to hit them by accident and change stations which gets really irritating.
ddavidv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
JeepCares

Did you buy this new - or used?
JeepCares is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.