Uconnect - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Uconnect

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 03-04-2008, 11:32 PM   #1
eighteenwheeler

Uconnect

Anyone know where to get one cheap? Anyone know if there are any comparable products out there?

Thanks!

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited 6 cyl auto
eighteenwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2008, 05:21 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I found this one for $256 http://jeep.dealerfit.com/store/jeep...d204_21544.php. Most other places were up around $275. Google the part number and you'll see some other listings.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
Zappy
2007 MK Compass 

I like the Uconnect feature in general. Just wish that you should string together what you want it do instead of having to speak one word, wait for it to verify and ask for the next item, verify and so on when you want to make a call. Once it says ready, I want to be able to say, "Call...Michelle...Work" and have it dial my wife's work number thats stored instead of prompting the whole way. Maybe I'm missing something in the setup, I didnt find anything about the Uconnect operation in the owner's manual.
Zappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
Busch2fan
2008 KK Liberty 

"I want to be able to say, "Call...Michelle...Work" and have it dial my wife's work number"

You can get that feature if you opt for the MyGig system that includes the handsfree UConnect.
It works exactly like that. It was another $1550 though.
Busch2fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2008, 06:36 PM   #5
Zappy
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busch2fan View Post
"I want to be able to say, "Call...Michelle...Work" and have it dial my wife's work number"

You can get that feature if you opt for the MyGig system that includes the handsfree UConnect.
It works exactly like that. It was another $1550 though.
Thanks for the information. I'll have to look into that. This was factory installed and appears to be the hands free Uconnect....though not certain at this point. I'll have to check around for a list of features for the product and how to access them all.
Unread 04-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #6
Busch2fan
2008 KK Liberty 

I should have added that I have the MyGig on a 2008 Liberty. Not sure if it is an option with the Patriot.
Unread 04-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #7
OnRoad
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappy View Post
I like the Uconnect feature in general. Just wish that you should string together what you want it do instead of having to speak one word, wait for it to verify and ask for the next item, verify and so on when you want to make a call. Once it says ready, I want to be able to say, "Call...Michelle...Work" and have it dial my wife's work number thats stored instead of prompting the whole way. Maybe I'm missing something in the setup, I didnt find anything about the Uconnect operation in the owner's manual.
I have the Uconnect and you just hit the button, it says "ready" then you say "Call Crazy Sister Work" then it repeats back and asks if this is correct. You say "Yes".

The only thing you have to do is to add Crazy Sister to the Uconnect phone book. (All done by voice or theoretically from bluetooth transfer from the phone but I could not get that to work....)
Unread 04-11-2008, 06:42 AM   #8
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

I opted to go with a Tomtom GO instead of the Uconnect - because now I have nav and bluetooth handsfree for about the same price or less than the Uconnect (510 Refurbs go for under $200)

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2008, 08:50 AM   #9
Busch2fan
2008 KK Liberty 

Not all phones with bluetooth capability are compatible with UConnect. I found a list on UConnect web site and some of those wouldn't work. I was able to talk with a tech in Nov at UConnect and he confirmed some were not. Particularly the older Razr. I finally went to my Verizon dealer and they tried phones until one worked. A couple of times I lost the pairing and had to re-pair the phones.
Unread 04-21-2008, 12:34 PM   #10
Zappy
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnRoad View Post
I have the Uconnect and you just hit the button, it says "ready" then you say "Call Crazy Sister Work" then it repeats back and asks if this is correct. You say "Yes".

The only thing you have to do is to add Crazy Sister to the Uconnect phone book. (All done by voice or theoretically from bluetooth transfer from the phone but I could not get that to work....)

I think that's where my problem was. I was placing the phone book entries as the person's name first (Michelle), then whether it was Mobile or Work and then the number for each, rather then creating one entry just for Michelle Work or Michelle Mobile, so when I would say 'Call Michelle' the system would need to prompt whether I wanted the number under Michelle for 'work' or for 'mobile'.

It's all making some kind of mixed up sense to me now.....

Last edited by Zappy; 04-21-2008 at 12:59 PM..
Unread 05-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #11
atti_magnolia
2009 KK Liberty 

Hi! I just bought a Patriot 08, and I have a Basic REF radio CD player.
Will you help me out , because I totally confusing now.
- Can I buy this MyGig mic for $20 and will work with my radio? What is the process to do this "unlock"
- Or what kind a 6 cd player/ mp3 player I can buy? They kinda cheap on ebay, but i don't know they already have a build in mic, and I have no idea, which one is fit in the dash board?
atti_magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2008, 10:13 AM   #12
jbjeepguy
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atti_magnolia View Post
Hi! I just bought a Patriot 08, and I have a Basic REF radio CD player.
Will you help me out , because I totally confusing now.
- Can I buy this MyGig mic for $20 and will work with my radio? What is the process to do this "unlock"
- Or what kind a 6 cd player/ mp3 player I can buy? They kinda cheap on ebay, but i don't know they already have a build in mic, and I have no idea, which one is fit in the dash board?
You are all confused- the radios in the Compass/Patriot do not have the uconnect buttons on the radio as some other Chrysler produce do and none have built in microphones.

You will need to get the unconnect addon kit which consists of the unconnect module, wiring harness, microphone and control pad. The part# is 82210081 and costs anywhere from $225 to $300 not including installation (which is pretty easy).

07 Compass, FDI, CVT
jbjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2008, 10:31 AM   #13
OnRoad
2008 MK Compass 

On my Compass, the UConnect is built into the mirror...
Unread 05-31-2008, 10:34 AM   #14
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Those are the differences between Factory installed and Dealer (add-on) installed.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2008, 04:52 PM   #15
jbjeepguy
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
Those are the differences between Factory installed and Dealer (add-on) installed.
Right- the module is the same only the harness and the location of the microphone/uconnect buttons changes.

Factory- the microphone and two uconnect buttons are located on the rearview mirror.

Add on- the microphone and control pad is separate so the microphone can be mounted for the best sound and the control pad can be mounted in the most accessible location.

07 Compass, FDI, CVT
jbjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.