post #1 of Old 11-09-2012, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
aroundincircles
Web Wheeler
1989 XJ Cherokee 

uConnect 230

I am sorry if this is answered in a previous post, but I simply cannot find much of any info on the uConnect system in my 2012 patriot. I know it has the 6 Disk DVD changer, and a USB port in the glovebox.

for the DVD's is there a specific format it DOESN'T play? like our last car played ONLY mp3's, so no wma or mp4 formats. Does this have the same restrictions?

for the USB port, can I plug my iphone/ipod into it? can I control the skip/play/pause etc from the head unit or only from the iPod its self? is the USB powerful enough to charge my device? If I load up songs on a USB drive, do they have to be loose on the drive, or can they be stored in files?

I haven't had a chance to play with it much for several reasons (new job, and this is really the wife's car) and I want to go in with knowledge, cuz I have to be able to show my wife how to do it right the first time and every time.

post #2 of Old 01-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Flagler
2014 MK Patriot 

2014 Patriot with Uconnect 230

Bought this Jeep for my daughter - window sticker has $425 option for the Uconnect 230. Really just want Bluetooth for her phone - dealer said $519 to install on 82213219 to use Bluetooth. This can't be right as it seems I could replace system with aftermarket for significantly less! Any advice is appreciated.
post #3 of Old 01-11-2016, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
aroundincircles
Web Wheeler
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Its easy enough to install yourself, but the uconnect specific wire kit is ~350 bucks online. (at least through my quick search) You COULD get an after market radio cheap with bluetooth and install, but you lose the 6 disk in dash cd changer.

you can also get an after market bluetooth kit for cheap: http://amzn.to/1UJ9hqD
almost no install there.

OR you can do the smart and safe thing and require that the phone is NOT used in the car for any reason. Any and all phone calls can wait until you get to your destination. People lived with out using a phone in a moving vehicle for nearly 100 years, so its totally possible.

89 Cherokee
www.youtube.com/c/aicoffroadvideo
http://www.aicoffroad.com/support.html