transmission trouble - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > transmission trouble

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 07-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
Mike199674
2007 MK Patriot 

transmission trouble

Hi, new to forum. Been having trouble with cvt transmission, 61000 miles. It's jerking when I accelerate and is very annoying and frustrating... I've heard many solutions and I've heard it's normal so i don't know what to think... It's not overheating....low tranny fluid?? Computer module?? Any help would be appreciated!!

Mike199674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Theres been a software update out for a couple years, didn't help mine. And I think 60k is where the manual first suggests replacing cvt fluid. Other than that, sounds like normal cvt behavior to me.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

How long have you owned it? Is this new behavior?
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Jerking is not normal. My CVT is actually very smooth between gears and under acceleration. Have the fluid level checked for proper level( no dipstick - requires special tool )and to see if it is burned. The transmission is most likely due for service anyway with that mileage despite Chrysler saying the CVT fluid is 100K+ capable( BULL! ).

Make sure if you have a trans service done the correct fluid is used. ONLY use a CVTF+4 fluid( Nissan has one that is the same thing too ). The CVT uses a very special fluid so don't use regular MOPAR ATF+4 or other brands of regular trans fluid in it.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
Mike199674
2007 MK Patriot 

Ok thanks a lot!! I scheduled an appointment for tomorrow... Thanks for the advice
Mike199674 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.