Transmission Temperature Warning Light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Transmission Temperature Warning Light

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 10-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
LauLess
2008 MK Compass 

Transmission Temperature Warning Light

I keep getting this light on when I'm doing speeds over 60 and RPM above 2. I dont get this while driving in NYC but usually when I am in different areas where the roads have more hills and I have to accelerate more. I have to turn the car off and wait for about 15 minutes, then start to drive. Driving down to Pennsylvania I had to stop 4 times because of the warning light. I've taken this to Jeep and they dont really know why its happening. While driving down to South Carolina I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get back ok so I got it checked at a dealership there. They said I needed a software upgrade and it wouldn't happen again. After I came back I sent it to my local dealer and they dont know what is its. Well its still happening and I just dont know where to turn to anymore. I dont want to keep paying for diagnostics where they dont do anything about my issues. Help!!

LauLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

They know they just don't want to deal with it. It needs a transmission fluid change. It's like $400 if you have to pay. If you are under warranty, they probably don't want to fix it.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 05:09 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

It doesn't look to difficult to change or add the right kind of fluid yourself if you think it's the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlekhon View Post
i ordered the dipstick (CRY933) from amazon $45 including shipping. It is universal and comes with all the temp charts for the various models. Measured fluid loss, replaced, warmed up, scanned with laser temp gun, good to go.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.