Trailer towing hitch compass 2012 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Trailer towing hitch compass 2012

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
igreek18

Trailer towing hitch compass 2012

So I just realized my 2000 lb towing machine doesn't have a hitch port ... What do I do and how much does it cost?

igreek18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Uhaul can install them on most cars for like $200
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
Wmillonig
2012 MK Compass 

My hitch was right at $300 installed, including tax. I got a class II hitch, but a class III was the same price. They have to cut a hole in the bumper to make it fit, so make sure you're comfortable with their experience before you turn them loose on your new ride. I tried to order a Mopar hitch, but they seem to be on permanent back order, thus went the aftermarket route.
Wmillonig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #4
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

you also may not have a 2k lb "machine," you need to make sure you have an engine coolor (which most don't) or you can only tow 1k lbs.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.