Trading in my Grand Cherokee For a Compass? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Trading in my Grand Cherokee For a Compass?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 07-15-2006, 02:10 AM   #1
Gizimomo86
1995 ZJ 

Trading in my Grand Cherokee For a Compass?

Just wondered how the compass is comming along. thinking of trading in my '95 Grand Cherokee for this little thing. What do you think?
~Beth

Gizimomo86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2006, 08:42 PM   #2
SlimGoaty
1997 XJ Cherokee 

The compass is out and being sold all over america as we speak. At first I was highly against the compass but last night on the way home I drove by a dealership that had a brand new one. I have finally made my mind up. I like them! I'm not soo fond of the front but I really like the back and I think its got alot of potential.

Are you really sure you want to trade in a GC for something smaller, weaker, and less capable? I guess its all in what you want to do with it.

My buildup on CherokeeForum

97 XJ 4.0, AW4, 231, RE 5.5, Tom Woods DS, AA SYE, 35x12.50 KM2,
Upgraded Harness, PIAA bulbs, Rustys Tie-Rod, L&L Fab bumper,
Quadratec 9500i Winch, Aussie locker, 4.88's
SlimGoaty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2006, 01:11 AM   #3
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

If you are never going off-road I would do it. They are cool for DD's
Unread 08-02-2006, 05:37 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Hi all. Just bought my Compass on Saturday. LOVE IT!!! I'd post picks but guess I'm not allowed too. That's really a shame. In 30 days it'll be old news by then. Anybody want the info on my first fill up?

Hey, the sponsor stuff let's you do pics right away, cool.

Last edited by Gramps; 08-02-2006 at 06:08 PM..
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2006, 06:05 PM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

4 day old baby Jeep

OK, so now I can post pics.
fimg_0012e.jpg   fimg_0013e.jpg   fimg_0014e.jpg   fimg_0016e.jpg   fimg_0021e.jpg  

Unread 08-02-2006, 07:16 PM   #6
SlimGoaty
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Nice Jeep, I really like that color! How do you like the compass and how does it compare to other jeeps you have drivin?

My buildup on CherokeeForum

97 XJ 4.0, AW4, 231, RE 5.5, Tom Woods DS, AA SYE, 35x12.50 KM2,
Upgraded Harness, PIAA bulbs, Rustys Tie-Rod, L&L Fab bumper,
Quadratec 9500i Winch, Aussie locker, 4.88's
SlimGoaty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2006, 11:31 PM   #7
bogerbuble

Interesting, that looks like a Limited and I just went to my dealer and he said he wont have a limited until Sept...
bogerbuble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2006, 04:29 AM   #8
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I love it! It handles very well, good cornering, tight turns. Compared to wifes '96 Grand Cherokee, it's just a smaller version, but not a compact inside, VERY ROOMY. Good riding height, entry and exit are GREAT! I haven't hit my head once on the assist handles. I haven't been off road for many years, (Southern AZ) I got it so that I could stay on the road in these Wisconsin winters and the spring and fall black ice. If I need more than 4 wheel high to get to any place, I'm just not going. The "MSN test" thread says pretty much how I feel about it. Here's my first mileage report.
Mileage report, first full tank: 23.26 mpg.
Mostly southern WI back roads, a little curvy and some turn offs here and there, several 15 mile straight a ways, very little in city but got behind some farm implements and followed them for a few miles, a Sunday cruise of stop and gawk for 1 ½ hours at construction in a new subdivision and a bit of freeway with a kick down from 45 up to 80 in about a heart beat or two. Oh yea, A/C on all the time.
The low fuel indicator went off about a mile from where I fill up and it took 11.478 gallons. I didn’t top it off. The fuel gage was on the last line before empty. So the gages and dinger (goes off with 2 gallons left) seem to be pretty darn accurate and the AVE MPG said that it was 24.7 but I had been playing with that so that’s not fair. 338 miles on it now, according to the book, it’s broken in and I can kick it up to 65 for cruising if I wanna but probably wont. I’ve got a 4000 mile round trip over Labor Day, that will really tell me more about everything.
For an American made pavement pounder that can get me into some of the less assessable camp sites I don't think that you could go wrong. I don't need to get anywhere fast, I just need to get there on time comfortably and my Compass will certainly do that with no problems. Even my 85 year old arthritic Mother-in-law likes it because of the entry/exit is so easy for her with the ride height and the size of the door opening. I needed something for back and forth to work and so that wife and I can go "treasure" hunting on weekends and not give Big Oil all of our fun money in the process.
It is a pretty loaded Limited 4X4 that the factory sent to the dealer for "show and tell". Inferno Red Crystal Pearl w/Pastel and Slate Gray Leather.
Unread 08-03-2006, 05:14 AM   #9
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Compass availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogerbuble
Interesting, that looks like a Limited and I just went to my dealer and he said he wont have a limited until Sept...
If you're interested in the Compass do an inventory serach on Jeep.com by zip code. The Belvidere plant is having robot problems and ordering one could take a while. I had an order in for the Caliber and no delivery date after 17 weeks. Because of my trip I didn't think that I would have time to wait for the "late summer" availability on the Compass and still have time to break it in, but I kicked myself repeatedly for not waiting for it. I like it SOOOO much better! They came out just in time!

Last edited by Gramps; 08-03-2006 at 06:29 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.