TPS Lights wont go off - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > TPS Lights wont go off

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
Grhome
2001 TJ Wrangler 

TPS Lights wont go off

Have TPMS. On a very cold day, two of my tires dropped below 30. Understandable. I put some air in them and the weather warmed up. Now all my tires are at 34 but the indicator for the two tires still wont go out. I'm sick of it flashing at me constantly.

I read that I'll need to drive above 25 mph for at least fifteen minutes for the computer to learn and reset. Is that true? if not true, what's the solution?

Thanks

Grhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Generally when I've added air to mine I haven't needed to drive the 15 minutes but have had to do over 25 mph so once I'm out of town (small town) they read very quickly. You may need to have the fault cleared with a scan tool. I also see where the OBDII scanners can be had for under $20 and would be a good investment.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.