TPMS on Compact Spare? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > TPMS on Compact Spare?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 03-14-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

REQUEST: Can one of you measure something?

Alright guys, as some of you might know, I have a Caliber R/T FWD. Anyway, the Compasses and Patriots ship with a Full size spare option. I was wondering if I could get one of you guys with that option to go out and measure the size of the spare (width) and the depth of the wheelwell? My Caliber shipped with a frickin' donut that looks basically like Mickey Mouse put it together, and I dont trust it, and my drive is mostly interstate everyday, so limiting my speed to 50 MPH is not an option without killing myself or someone if I ever get a flat. So, what size is your spare wheelwell and what's the width of the spare? Pics if possible as well gentlemen, thanks!

Unread 03-14-2007, 06:03 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I've got the 18"s on the ground but the spare is a Firestone Affinity Touring 4, P215/60R17. The space for the tire is about 10"deep through the center, 33 1/2" wide and 30" front to back. Even though the rim size is different I feel that the tire height is probably the same. It's just a standard steel rim.

Wonder if I should add my bungees to my "Recovery System" listing.

Saw you on the Jeep Live Talk. That was enjoyable!!!
espare-001.jpg  

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick

Last edited by Gramps; 03-14-2007 at 06:27 PM..
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2007, 06:29 PM   #3
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Indeed it was. I hope they do a session on the Compass/patriot. It could also help us Caliber guys out as well as you all.us I linked it on caliberforums as well for them just in case. Thanks for the measurements! Thats definitely bigger than my donut.
Unread 03-14-2007, 06:33 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Does the wheelwell size look to be the same? I'm pretty sure from the lid on down they're about the same.

Unread 03-14-2007, 06:51 PM   #5
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

I've gotta check. I know our spares (the donuts) are right up against the lid, and the Caliber guys are thinking it will not. I wanted to get some specs to find out. I gotta find a tape measure and such.
Unread 03-14-2007, 06:59 PM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Maybe the additional height was added in the midsection of the Compass/Patriot and that added on to the depth of the wheel well over the Caliber. The seats are also higher up, too and that would move the lid up also. Just thinking out loud again.

Unread 03-20-2007, 05:07 PM   #7
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Fixed! </ten characters>
Unread 06-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #8
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

TPMS on Compact Spare?

Does the Compact Spare in the Patriot have TPMS?? I found someone to trade my full size spare with their compact one, but want to make sure they don't have TPMS before hand. I haven't seen the spare yet, I know mine don't have it.
'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Peep my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031696
rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 06:24 PM   #9
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Nope no TPMS on the spare ... the only thing I noticed is that the shaft holding the spare in is longer on the fullsize than the 1/2 so we are trading those as well. Now I am happy ... subs and a smaller spare
'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Peep my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031696
rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2008, 01:35 PM   #10
acadian
2008 MK Patriot 

So can anyone confirm for me... will a full-size spare will fit in the back of an 08 Jeep Patriot? I have always liked to drive around with a full-size wheel and tire if possible.
acadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2008, 02:05 PM   #11
PirateKatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadian View Post
So can anyone confirm for me... will a full-size spare will fit in the back of an 08 Jeep Patriot? I have always liked to drive around with a full-size wheel and tire if possible.
I'm not sure if this helps but a full size spare (tire & rim match the rest on the vehicle) fits snugly in our '08 Compass Sport.
PirateKatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2008, 02:29 PM   #12
acadian
2008 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKatz View Post
I'm not sure if this helps but a full size spare (tire & rim match the rest on the vehicle) fits snugly in our '08 Compass Sport.
I would think if the full-size fits in the Compass, it would in the Patriot as well. I'll have to get in there and take some measurements one of these days. Thanks for the info.
Unread 06-06-2008, 02:43 PM   #13
Tuksonrider
2008 MK Patriot 

Just remove one of the regular wheels and see if it fits in the back
Tuksonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #14
acadian
2008 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuksonrider View Post
Just remove one of the regular wheels and see if it fits in the back
I'd probably just measure the diameter and the thickness of the tire before I took anything off. If it seems really tight, I'd have to take a wheel off before I went and ordered a full-size on ebay or something like that. Hopefully though I could tell just by using a tape measure.
Unread 06-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #15
Tuksonrider
2008 MK Patriot 

Well, if I get a flat tire before you find out, I'll let you know if it fits
Tuksonrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.