Tow Hooks and hitch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Tow Hooks and hitch

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 02-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
udmover
2011 WK 

Tow Hooks and hitch

Hey all- After all the snow we've had here in Delaware this year thus far, I am giving serious thought to tow hooks. Does Mopar offer these as a dealer installed part? If so, any idea on cost? If they don't is there anywhere I could have these installed? Second- what is the maximum tow rating on an FD1 5-speed Pat? Does the dealer do installs of hitches? Thanks.

udmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
TheHeilis
2002 TJ Wrangler 

The factory is the only option at this time for fron or rear tow hooks. They are around $300 (front) and can be ordered.

Jeep Patriot Parts - The Official Jeep Parts eStore offered by Chrysler

In order for the dealer to install these they will have to make the two holes in the bumper cover and I'm sure labor costs will be high.

I did my own and it's not that hard to do them if you are reasonably good with tools and are mechanically inclined. One of the guys that post here (polished heckler) has the measurments on where the holes are located in the front cover. You may do a search and find the link here.

Dealers will install hitches and 1000 Lbs tow rating on the FDI.
White Jeep Club Member #117
TheHeilis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
patriot , tow hooks , trailer hitch

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.