Too much air? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Too much air?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
Wiskow
2011 MK Patriot 

Too much air?

My 2011 Patriot has manual temperature control knobs. I've noticed that the blower control seems to blow air at a higher velocity than what I was used to in my 2006 Grand Cherokee. The GC only had four positions on the blower control knob, and the Patriot has 7. On the GC, position 1 was barely a trickle of air, 2 was a bit more, 3 was a considerable amount of air, and 4 was full blast. On the Patriot, position 1 feels, to me, about what position 2 was on the GC, and every position up to 7 blows a bit more. When I'm driving on the highway, a lot more air blows than when I'm at a standstill or just on city streets, and during highway driving, I can't really feel any difference between positions 1 through 3. I miss being able to have just a trickle of air coming through the vents if I want. During highway driving, I seem to have the choice of a lot of air or no air (position 0 does completely shut off the air).

Now, I'm just wondering, is all of this normal behavior for the 2011 Patriot? Or is this something I should have checked out?

Unread 06-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

normal behavior. i just leave mine on 1 and turn the vents away from me.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.