Tires ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Tires ?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
Xpat2011
2011 MK Compass 

Tires ?

Hi all,

Not summer yet, but I am already thinking about winter tires for my 2011 Compass.

Nokian is a standard here in Sweden, but the sales guy at Jeep was recommending Cooper. I need very good tires (10 inches of fresh snow is not uncommon), especially because I can't put studded tires on. Some roads in town are "studded tires free" and taking another way would mean 45+ minutes commuting time.

Any idea/suggestion is more than welcome! Thx.

Xpat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
miketmx
2008 MK Patriot 

I have Michelin X-Ice Xi2 winter tires and they are OK on icy roads but do not have a very aggressive tread for deep snow. I will get something else next time.
miketmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #3
Xpat2011
2011 MK Compass 

Thanks, good to know!
Unread 06-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
jloffermann
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yokohoma, and toyo tires are very good, the yokoho9ma geolander ats has a 50k treadlife and rated for sever snow and has good rating plus about 7members on jeep patriot com use them often. toyo is very good just can get pricey...
jloffermann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
RamRod78
2007 MK Compass 

Michellin x-ice 2's are great for winter/spring driving mainly highway based.... I run these on my Compass....Tread is great for ice, average snow and hardpack, slush etc.... but just ok for deep deep snow (never failed to get to the slopes on a powder day though!).

Bridgestone Blizzak WS70's..... I run these on my daily commuter Ford Focus to/from Calgary.... Tread is more aggressive and a little bit more of a harsh ride than the Michellins, but snow performance is much better, they feel solid. Ice performance is good, but not as good as the Michellins.

I've yet to feel like i'm not in control on either tire.... This is in the mixed Albertan winter.... -40c to +10c, snow, rain, ice, slop, slush, sun.... you name it we get it in winter! (This year was particularly deep!)

Coopers are well regarded too.... I have a couple of Alaskan friends who run these and swear by them.....
RamRod78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2011, 03:29 PM   #6
Xpat2011
2011 MK Compass 

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Cheers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.