Tired of Waiting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Tired of Waiting

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*WJ Tube Doors Now Available!

Unread 12-04-2006, 06:04 AM   #1
KCoastie
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Tired of Waiting

Well, as some of you may know, I've been waiting on my new Compass order for a while now. My wife and I ordered a black Limited back in September, and it's been delayed since we put it on order. We've been waiting on the seat mounted side airbags the whole time. What we weren't told is that side curtain airbags come standard with the Compass.

So we're headed into the Exchange. (We live on a Navy base in Guam) By the entrance they've got a few cars for sale with the Exchange New Car Sales. We take a peek and see a nice '06 Magnum SXT black, sunroof, V6, AWD and take a closer look at that. Long story short, we canceled our order for the Compass and we're getting the Magnum. It's hard to resist over $10,000 of rebates on such a nice car. I hate we didn't get a chance to own the Jeep, but we just could wait anymore. It hard squeezing me, her and an 8 month old with a gigantic car seat into the front of a 99 model standard cab Dodge Ram. Well anyway, just thought I'd let you all know. I'll still be around from time to time. Have a good day guys

KCoastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2006, 06:27 AM   #2
Kev M
2012 WK 

Sorry to hear man.

But that was definitely part of what put me in a Subaru this time around.

We couldn't locate one on a lot with what I wanted (5-speed, loaded, limited) and I'd already sold my XJ and couldn't see forcing my daughter to ride the motorcycle with me for potentially 6-8 weeks or longer.

: (

In retrospect it was DEFINITELY the right decision even if only based on that, because we would have already gone more than 8 weeks with no end in sight.

Still I'm a bit bummed.

Can't wait for an excuse to add a Jeep to the garage again.

Kev
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2006, 09:19 AM   #3
phil8400

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCoastie
Well, as some of you may know, I've been waiting on my new Compass order for a while now. My wife and I ordered a black Limited back in September, and it's been delayed since we put it on order. We've been waiting on the seat mounted side airbags the whole time. What we weren't told is that side curtain airbags come standard with the Compass.

So we're headed into the Exchange. (We live on a Navy base in Guam) By the entrance they've got a few cars for sale with the Exchange New Car Sales. We take a peek and see a nice '06 Magnum SXT black, sunroof, V6, AWD and take a closer look at that. Long story short, we canceled our order for the Compass and we're getting the Magnum. It's hard to resist over $10,000 of rebates on such a nice car. I hate we didn't get a chance to own the Jeep, but we just could wait anymore. It hard squeezing me, her and an 8 month old with a gigantic car seat into the front of a 99 model standard cab Dodge Ram. Well anyway, just thought I'd let you all know. I'll still be around from time to time. Have a good day guys
The Magnum is one sweet car! There really isn't any way to compare this car with the Compass.
Enjoy!
phil8400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2006, 09:27 AM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:

Well, I'm not going to feel too sorry for you! A Magnum,huh? NICE RIDE ! No, not a Jeep but I'm sure the Military discount was hard to pass up. Looked at those too, they just didn't get the mileage that I was looking for and the price and 2 doors were a draw back for what I needed right now AND the wife has never liked them ! I think that they're one of Dodges most distinctive cars.

Just enjoy it, I think that you will, and come back and visit us often!

DC biggest problem is availability. They just can't build these fast enough.

Gramps

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick

Last edited by Gramps; 12-04-2006 at 09:54 AM..
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 06:58 AM   #5
PeteC
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

We have had an 05 Magnum SXT AWD and an 06 Magnum RT and absolutely loved them both. They were both my wife's daily drivers. I am sure, with a growing family, that you are going to absolutley love that vehicle. Mileage was not too bad either considering the size. Our SXT was getting about 18 city and 26 hwy. The RT was about 17.5 city and 24 hwy, unless I was behind the wheel, then it was a whole lot lower.

We went to the Compass 4x2 this year to save some money on the lease rate we get and for mileage. And to just simply try something new. That is the beauty of the lease program I am in, 2 new vehicles each model year.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.