Tire Pressure (TPMS) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Tire Pressure (TPMS)

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 03-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
jasper1022

Tire Pressure (TPMS)

I just bought my Jeep Compass yesterday and the tire pressure light stays on. I checked the pressure in the tires and they were fine. The dealer assured me that this is normal with jeeps in the winter and the light stays on due to the oxygen in the tire contracting. Can anyone attest to this?

jasper1022 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2008, 11:46 PM   #2
patrick3319
2008 MK Compass 

the dealer put nitro in my tires when I bought it...and haven't seen the light at all...so nothing I can say to that really...although it does seem odd!
patrick3319 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2008, 03:04 AM   #3
merlinTec

Hi
No the light should not be on. Was the pressures low when you checked them? What have you got them set at? You may need to over inflate them first to wake up the sensors then drop them back down.
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 03-02-2008, 06:35 AM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Here is an "Information Only" TSB to better help understand the system. Most, if not all, of the door placards on the MK's say 35 psi (cold). See if this helps.

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Caliber/...er_2200406.pdf

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2008, 08:15 AM   #5
jasper1022

The placards have a psi of 32 and when I checked the pressure it was indeed 32. However, I do not think the tires were completely "cold". I guess I have to work with it.

Gramps - thanks for the link. It was informative.
jasper1022 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2008, 08:40 AM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

You're welcome!

Just a side note: The last time that I actually had to put air in my tires it was -11 F, 35 lbs cold. Now that we are finally getting above +20 to +25 the pressure was up to around 45 psi and it was riding so rough that I thought that I had thrown off some wheel weights. That is until I realized that it was fine in the mornings (7 F) and only rough in the afternoon (20 F). I dropped my pressures down to about 32 psi cold and it's back to a good ride again. Just something that a lot of folks may want to check now that Spring is returning to the Snow Belt.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.