Tire Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Tire Help

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 06-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
rjaskelton
2007 MK Patriot 

Tire Help

I need some help with my tires. I need to replace all 4 of them. I have a 2007 Patriot Sport edition. It takes the P205/70R16. So I have a 16" rim. Right now the only tires I can find in that size is a Goodyear Eagle SL which I have found out are a passenger car tire for summer highway driving. I live in Wisconsin so needless to say I need a winter tire. Has anyone had any luck putting a different size tire on it? I have read that P215/70R16 would work, but I don't want to mess around with my computer senors. Has anyone tried a different tire and not have any problems? I am at my wits end with this thing and have been thinking of trading it in for a different vehicle. Thanks.

rjaskelton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
polished_heckle
2007 MK Patriot 

there are lot's of tire options out there!

Isn't there a tire size thread here too?

Last edited by polished_heckle; 06-10-2009 at 04:53 PM..
polished_heckle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #3
rjaskelton
2007 MK Patriot 

I have checked with a lot of different tire places. All tell me the same thing. Yes there is a tire forum on here and I did post there, but with no luck so I thought I would try in the Patriot forum. Unfortunately if I want to keep the tire within manufacture guidelines then I have to go with only one option. I was trying to figure out if anyone else ran into problems putting a different size tire on the Patriot with the 16" rims.
Unread 06-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #4
polished_heckle
2007 MK Patriot 

again, check your private messages. there's a ton of info there.
polished_heckle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

We did our own tire size list for the MK's, you'll find it here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...=410134&page=6

With 16's your in Fat city, they have the best selection! Another from WI! Hi ya!

If anybody needs a quick link to it just click the "Crawl This Thread" at the top of the page and it will be added to your profile or use the crawled threads in my profile if ya like.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2009, 07:38 AM   #6
rjaskelton
2007 MK Patriot 

Thanks guys. I might have to go with the P205's for the time being. I still have a warranty on the thing until November, so after that is up I will probably get those changed up. Any reason why Jeep would put such a crappy tire and only that one tire size on the Patriot?
Unread 06-11-2009, 06:26 PM   #7
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

3 words - cheap, cheap, cheap! I feel pretty sure that they get volume special deals. Even the Grand Cherokees get a Wrangler SR-A and not the premium Silent Armours, totally different tires.

I do have some Patriot 16" wheels that I have plans of putting on some Pirelli Scorpion ATR 225/70-16's

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.