time for some overdue maintenance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > time for some overdue maintenance

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 03-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

time for some overdue maintenance

so with 66k miles on the clock, it's time for my Jeep to get an overhaul. the first was new tires. I went with hankooks after a recommendation from this site, so i'm back for more. within the next month, i'll be getting new pads and rotors to replace the originals (kind of impressed with the mileage I was able to get out of them), new plugs, and a new air filter. any recommendations on what to look for, or what to steer clear of? this is mainly a highway warrior for the wife. it never sees the off-road. the most exciting thing my jeep gets to see is the snow.

IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 07:49 AM   #2
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

any recommendations on who to use for brakes? I need pads and rotors. i'll be using an amazon gift card for some of it so i'll need to get a portion of the parts online.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #3
cuemark8
2007 MK Compass 

Yes. Stick with the factory Mopar brake pads and rotors. You will find they will last the longest. I managed to squeeze a 115, 000mi out of mine on the fronts.
cuemark8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.