Ticking sound from speakers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Ticking sound from speakers

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 11-08-2008, 08:25 AM   #1
cuemark8
2007 MK Compass 

Ticking sound from speakers

I see some people here writing forums about a ticking sound coming from the around the sterring wheel. I've posted here various times. Since day one when I bought my O7 Jeep Compass there is a very faint ticking sound. It is coming from the speakers. I have the RAQ 6 disc changer, satellite radio, and boston acoustics sound system. Any time the key is on accessoy or ignition on, or after stopping and power is still on the door windows or radio the ticking is there. It is very faint I heard it shortly after buying it. It is definintely coming from the speakers. It is so faint once the vehicle is started the engine noise at idle will drowned the sound out.
I never complained about it really doesn't concern me that much. I have no other glitches I'm aware of so I never wanted someone to tear apart the vehicle to find it. If the stereo is off the sound is still there coming from the speakers. There is definitely some kind of inference. If the volume is turned up past "2" the ticking sound is drowned out the normal sounds of the speakers.
Has anyone had this problem? Try pinpointing the speakers if you think you hear a ticking sound.

cuemark8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.