Things that annoy you about Your Compass - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Things that annoy you about Your Compass

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-02-2008, 07:05 PM   #106
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyweis View Post
Just had mine a couple of weeks, but I agree with the posts about the reviews. Either the reviewers treat it like a car and say it gets bad economy, or treat it like a full out SUV and say it has low power.

Used to be 0-60 in 10.2 seconds was down right respectable for an automatic. The Subaru SVX only did it in 7.3 and that was a super sporty model automatic, and everyone thought that was great back then, what's 3 seconds?

If it was old Amigo times like 17 seconds(with a manual), I could understand. But people still loved the old Amigo due to it's 4x4 style

As for the economy, it gets 10% better mpg than the PT Cruiser, which has no AWD, with the same size engine, from the same company, yet reviewers love the Cruiser, go figure.(Cruiser also has a 0-60 time of 10.7 seconds)

Other small annoyances are generally covered, some good ideas on minor upgrades. The lack of a compass does bug me, but I've already ordered a rear view with integrated compass to rectify that.

More aftermarket products would be nice, I've yet to find a picture of a Compass with brush guard, and if I want to upgrade the radio I'll need to find a new console panel due to the factory panel has cutouts for the radio knobs.(unless I'm missing something)
Factory Panel can be bought from the dealer for like $70 and then a double DIN dash kit. A brush guard would be very nice.

http://216.33.67.161/en-US/Jeep/2008...ubGroupId=3307

'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Peep my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031696
rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2008, 09:05 PM   #107
fuzzyweis
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_rector View Post
Factory Panel can be bought from the dealer for like $70 and then a double DIN dash kit. A brush guard would be very nice.

http://216.33.67.161/en-US/Jeep/2008...ubGroupId=3307
Thanks, I dream of getting a fancy all in one gps/mp3/bluetooth/rear monitor unit, but considering one of those costs another %10 of what I paid for the entire Compass, I'm not sure.

Also pondering getting a portable gps that will fit nice in the cubby under the radio, maybe make a slide out deal there. Definately a cheaper route.

Oh, another small annoyance, when the dealer you get it from coats the already slick plastic cargo area with armor all. Thought I was gonna bust open a gallon of milk in the 2 miles from the store to home with it sliding around back there. Think I'll get some rubber matting for back there...

'08 Compass Sport 4X4 CVT
fuzzyweis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2008, 09:22 PM   #108
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Thanks, I dream of getting a fancy all in one gps/mp3/bluetooth/rear monitor unit, but considering one of those costs another %10 of what I paid for the entire Compass, I'm not sure.

Also pondering getting a portable gps that will fit nice in the cubby under the radio, maybe make a slide out deal there. Definately a cheaper route.

Oh, another small annoyance, when the dealer you get it from coats the already slick plastic cargo area with armor all. Thought I was gonna bust open a gallon of milk in the 2 miles from the store to home with it sliding around back there. Think I'll get some rubber matting for back there...
I hear ya on that ... I think my AVIC was like $2000, but I have had it in the last 3 cars I have owned, well kinda. I originally had the AVIC Z1, but it died, went in for service and was replaced with the Z2 by Circuit City.
'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Peep my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031696
rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2008, 07:24 AM   #109
Gentleman
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Other small annoyances are generally covered, some good ideas on minor upgrades. The lack of a compass does bug me, but I've already ordered a rear view with integrated compass to rectify that.
Jim

Did you install this mirror, if so how did it go

Bob
Unread 04-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #110
fuzzyweis
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentleman View Post
Jim

Did you install this mirror, if so how did it go

Bob
Sure did, I ordered a CIPA 36600 compass rosette mirror from Amazon.

It's got N/S/E/W etched into the glass, light up blue when heading in the direction. Little bigger than factory but should help backing up.

Install went fairly good, simple wedge mount, routed the wiring through the headliner down to the driver side A pillar. Popped off pillar cover, there's a ground bolt right there along with an ignition wired circuit, tapped into that, good to go. Total install time about 30 minutes, including calibration around my apartment complex's rotary.

Pondered getting an auto-dimming model, but wanted to keep cost down in case I didn't like it. Was pleasantly surprised on the blue lighting.

Unread 04-10-2008, 07:03 PM   #111
Gentleman
2008 MK Compass 

Thanks for the reply.
I bought and installed the Mopar mirror with comp and temp, took me a long time to get it done, I saw the ground in the a pillar, but did not know about the ignition feed there also, routed mine to the cig lighter, and the wiring being short was a hassle to get to it, but I got it done

Bob
Unread 04-10-2008, 07:11 PM   #112
fuzzyweis
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentleman View Post
Thanks for the reply.
I bought and installed the Mopar mirror with comp and temp, took me a long time to get it done, I saw the ground in the a pillar, but did not know about the ignition feed there also, routed mine to the cig lighter, and the wiring being short was a hassle to get to it, but I got it done

Bob
Yeah, it's fairly close to the side airbag, but I uncoupled the connector and the map lights went out and no airbag warning, just a red lightning bolt on the dash lit up. But like I said, it's ignition wired so that wire isn't the map lights.

If anyone knows what the pink/yellow wire that runs up the A Pillar is, feel free to clue me in.

The mirror doesn't have much of a draw so I'm not too worried, just curious.

Unread 04-10-2008, 08:17 PM   #113
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The PK/YL wire looks like it's for the dome or cargo light. Do you guys want to start a new thread on this?
dome-lamp-connector.jpg   dome-lamp-wiring.jpg  

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2008, 06:59 AM   #114
fuzzyweis
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
The PK/YL wire looks like it's for the dome or cargo light. Do you guys want to start a new thread on this?
Ah, so it's just the courtesy circuit so it shuts off eventually. Don't want to make extra work for ya Gramps, but if you want to split it out, has gotten a bit

Unread 04-11-2008, 08:00 AM   #115
Urr

The message in dashboard, which shows me how many kilometres more I can drive with this fuel tank, annoys me a bit.
When I don't need it (i.e. when I have plenty of kilometres to go), then it shows it to me...

But when the "Empty tank" warning light lights up and I actually need to know, how many kilometres are approximately left, then it shows only "Low fuel".
I know that then anyway, don't I?
In bright and happy future: Jeep Wrangler
Urr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2008, 08:37 AM   #116
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urr View Post
The message in dashboard, which shows me how many kilometres more I can drive with this fuel tank, annoys me a bit.
When I don't need it (i.e. when I have plenty of kilometres to go), then it shows it to me...

But when the "Empty tank" warning light lights up and I actually need to know, how many kilometres are approximately left, then it shows only "Low fuel".
I know that then anyway, don't I?
I dont have evic so I just would get the idiot light.

does it say "start walking" when it finally does run out?
Unread 04-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #117
Urr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharBroiled View Post
does it say "start walking" when it finally does run out?
Just today it showed "153 km left", I drove about 25 km, then the warning ligthed up and the fuel indicator started to pretend to be absolutely dead, no movement at all... It was so convincing, that I had to tank after another 25 km
In bright and happy future: Jeep Wrangler
Urr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2008, 08:54 AM   #118
93 ltd
2008 MK Compass 

I have to admit, the "low fuel" warning is a kinda stupid. I also don't get the lumbar support lever. It seems there is only "off" and "on".....

Coolest thing so far is the 2 level heated seats....
93 ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2008, 08:29 PM   #119
howdy246
2008 MK Compass 

A Compass without a compass! Never even thought about that but Now that I think about it, it does seem absurd.
I had a 2006 PT Cruiser that had better cup holders, storage compartments and pockets on the back of the front seats. The back seat also was completely removable. I still prefer the Compass though by a long shot!
howdy246 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2008, 10:11 PM   #120
jbjeepguy
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy246 View Post
A Compass without a compass! ..
Those of us with the EVIC have a compass

07 Compass, FDI, CVT
jbjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.