Things that annoy you about Your Compass - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Things that annoy you about Your Compass

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 08-04-2007, 03:22 PM   #76
ups4
2008 KK Liberty 

Gramps,

I'm not at all concerned about windows fogging on the inside....that almost never happens down here.

I would probably only have the recirculate on for the first 10-15 minutes of driving. Once the hot air has been evacuated, I usually put it back to regular A/C.
So I guess the stale air problem would be moot too.

Oh well, it's just something I'll have to live with I guess.

Paul

ups4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2007, 03:37 PM   #77
ups4
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Ahh, sticky notes? Works for me.
I must be missing something, but where is this in the sticky notes section?

I looked but couldn't find it in the Compass sticky notes.

Paul
Unread 08-04-2007, 04:07 PM   #78
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

LOL! Sticky's can go anywhere! If you write them backwards you can put them on your forehead and read them in your rear view mirror, that way the don't block your view threw the windshield

Really, I thought that this was a little strange too. The A/C stays on, why not the recirc? Maybe people would forget to turn it off. Sell more sticky notes, second only to duct tape.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2007, 06:59 AM   #79
ups4
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
LOL! Sticky's can go anywhere! If you write them backwards you can put them on your forehead and read them in your rear view mirror, that way the don't block your view threw the windshield

Really, I thought that this was a little strange too. The A/C stays on, why not the recirc? Maybe people would forget to turn it off. Sell more sticky notes, second only to duct tape.
LOL....Gramps I thought you were talking about a forum sticky.
Not a bad idea though, written backwards for the rear view mirror is the way I'll do it then .

Paul
Unread 08-05-2007, 07:13 AM   #80
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Other things that don't stay on are the heated seats and the rear defroster. Those have to be turned back on too.

"of all the things that I've lost, I miss my mind the most."

Unread 08-05-2007, 06:08 PM   #81
ups4
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Other things that don't stay on are the heated seats and the rear defroster. Those have to be turned back on too.

"of all the things that I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
Once again...down here in South Florida, we would rarely have an opportunity to use either of these two options... . Although, my wife did put the seat heater on once last winter when it got down to around 60...we had a cold snap.

You beat me to my favorite old-codger saying though....
Unread 08-05-2007, 07:34 PM   #82
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The heated seats aren't just for the cold. They are really a wonderful treatment for that common affliction of the back side that's literally a pain in the tush!

Sorry about the "old-codger saying". Another top runner with me is insanity is hereditary, you can get it from your kids"

Unread 08-06-2007, 06:29 AM   #83
BuzzDog

I have a bad back (NOT "backside"...sorry, Gramps), so heated seats are a huge plus, even in the summer. Unfortunately, I don't have them in my Sport!

I also noticed that the recirculate function doesn't stay on when you turn off the ignition and then restart the Jeep later. It stayed on in every other vehicle I've owned, and it's a pain when you have a lot of short trips to make on a 98-degree day; all of a sudden, I'm thinking, "it's kind of hot in here, isn't it?". But on the other hand, it can allow fresh air into the system, which tends to reduce that "dirty socks" smell that accumulates if you run it on recirculate all the time.

Small potatoes, at least to me...I still like almost everything else about my Compass!
BuzzDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2007, 04:34 PM   #84
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzDog
I have a bad back (NOT "backside"...sorry, Gramps), so heated seats are a huge plus, even in the summer. Unfortunately, I don't have them in my Sport!

I also noticed that the recirculate function doesn't stay on when you turn off the ignition and then restart the Jeep later. It stayed on in every other vehicle I've owned, and it's a pain when you have a lot of short trips to make on a 98-degree day; all of a sudden, I'm thinking, "it's kind of hot in here, isn't it?". But on the other hand, it can allow fresh air into the system, which tends to reduce that "dirty socks" smell that accumulates if you run it on recirculate all the time.

Small potatoes, at least to me...I still like almost everything else about my Compass!
Those are two of my problems with my Caliber! Heated seats are really nice after a long hard day of running around and being on my feet all day. Recirculate should always stay on, but I'm grateful to even have A/C. Mine in my Wrangler quit after owning it for a few years. I've yet to get it fixed.
Unread 08-09-2007, 02:48 AM   #85
monjon
2004 WJ 

Howdy!

My wife and I just got our Compass yesterday and we love it! We're very happy we snagged one! I'm glad I found this forum too as the info is great.

My big major nasty really makes me mad annoyance are the little door lock knobs on the driver's and passenger doors. The little suckers are exactly where I like to put my arm/elbow when driving and OW! They hurt. I'm kinda tall so the lower "arm rest" is a lil low for me but the window sill is perfect, except for that little knob. Thinking of just taking them off but I'm afraid of stripping them out because it doesn't seem that they just unscrew like old-school door lock knobs. Other than that, and the cup holder positions, we're stoked

see this thread for gramp's pic of the vile little knob
http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthrea...ight=door+lock
monjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2007, 06:05 AM   #86
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

If it dont unscrew, take the door panel off and cut through it with a pair of dikes. End of story and its permaneant!
Unread 08-09-2007, 07:08 AM   #87
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I was looking threw the SR this morning and saw nothing about it unscrewing. Tried to unscrew mine and it's a no go, at least by hand.

nearly,normals site has some pdf manuals that you should thing about downloading or using. http://www.nearlynormal.biz/jeep/patriot_info.html

Removing the bolster is covered here and you can access the link rod.

http://www.nearlynormal.biz/jeep/jee...%20Removal.pdf

Unread 08-09-2007, 09:00 AM   #88
monjon
2004 WJ 

cool thanks guys I'll look into taking the panel off. I had a 4 1/2 hour round trip to D.C. today and that thing drove me nuts lol
monjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2007, 07:42 PM   #89
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

That's how I have to prop in my Wrangler, no armrests or anything so its that for my left hand and my right rests on the stick shift. I'm short(ish) so it don't work as good with my Cali so I use the arm rest provided. Gramps, I noticed today whilst looking through a Compass brochure I had laying around that it showed 4 seat belt buckles in the back rather than 3, are you guys holding out on us Caliber guys?
Unread 08-09-2007, 08:08 PM   #90
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Heh, heh! I see that in my brochure too. I'll check it out in the daylight. There's only enough room back there for 2 adults and a "smaller" person. No way you're going to get 4 in the back seat. But you still have the lighted cup holders.

Now I remember! It's for the center passenger shoulder harness!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.