Things that annoy you about Your Compass - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Things that annoy you about Your Compass

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-13-2007, 02:39 PM   #61
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Hmm, how 'bout the engine sound? The 2.4L sounds kinda funny when you mash it past the detent with a CVT, anything to make it sound a little better? (Well, minus an SRT 4 turbo and BOV) I might have to do that to mine after the warranty expires and I get another daily driver. Without the traction control that the SRT4 has, I figure I can patent the first ever automatic lane changing system!
Also, the ginormous muffler that they give us. Anybody just done a straight pipe and listened? I'm tempted but dont wanna mess with a basically brand new exhaust right now.

Unread 07-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #62
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Maybe you could make a "Hemi Sound Track" CD and rig up the radio volume control to the gas pedal.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 03:29 PM   #63
phonegunner
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Gramps.... well of course up and down works...

And yes... the tilt ... the tilt...

Thanks for making me laugh ...

Ted...
2005 TJ Wrangler X (now with the oldest daughter)
2006 KJ Liberty Renegade (the work vehicle)
2007 MK (or is that mmmmmk?) Compass Limited (the wifes 4x4 daily driver)
phonegunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 03:42 PM   #64
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Maybe you could make a "Hemi Sound Track" CD and rig up the radio volume control to the gas pedal.
You mean like those goofy BOV loudspeakers some of the wannabe ricers use?
Wannbe's Blowoff Valve
Unread 07-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #65
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriolisSTORM
You mean like those goofy BOV loudspeakers some of the wannabe ricers use?
Wannbe's Blowoff Valve
That's pretty sad. More like end of "Baby Driver" - Simon and Garfunkel.

Unread 07-13-2007, 05:36 PM   #66
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

maybe im not understanding the problem with the head restraints that others are claming. but this is how i thought they were to be used. http://www.intellichoice.com/carBuyi...HeadRestraints my opinion is that the head restraints (head rests) are doing exactly what they were designed to do.
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 06:01 PM   #67
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07compasssport
maybe im not understanding the problem with the head restraints that others are claming. but this is how i thought they were to be used. http://www.intellichoice.com/carBuyi...HeadRestraints my opinion is that the head restraints (head rests) are doing exactly what they were designed to do.
Yes, that is the correct function of them. I think that some want to recline the passenger seat and lay their head back on long trips while someone else drives.

Unread 07-13-2007, 06:38 PM   #68
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

i have never found any passenger seat to be comfortable on long trips for sleeping. but i always made do. course in my marrige i am always doing the driving on the long trips and wife does the sleeping. even when shes sleeping i dont ever see her using the had rest, its always either my arm or the side of the door.
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 07:01 PM   #69
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Same here, I'm the driver. The wife SELDOM sleeps on trips, just not her thing. The once or twice that she has, she's used a pillow against the door/window. Others have their own way of doing things and using them as a HEAD REST would be uncomfortable so I do understand it.

Unread 07-16-2007, 07:46 AM   #70
phonegunner
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07compasssport

Quote:
Their purpose is not to give your head a place to rest, but to prevent it from snapping back sharply in a rear-end collision. Light trucks must have front-seat head restraints; though they're not mandatory, look for them on other seats as well. If a head restraint is adjustable, it should be adjusted high enough (about ear level) and far enough forward to touch the occupant's head, not his or her neck.
Well... no....

The problem I have (and others that I personally know) is that they push your head forward (not just touching, but actually forcing your head forward) straining your neck and causing your chin to approach your chest...

This is when driving with the seat in the full upright position and not reclined...

This happens when they are in their lowest position thru the highest... (and in the optimal position as per the second quote above).

If it was going to catch your head and stop it from whiplash damage it is incorrectly designed for my head shape.

Ted...
2005 TJ Wrangler X (now with the oldest daughter)
2006 KJ Liberty Renegade (the work vehicle)
2007 MK (or is that mmmmmk?) Compass Limited (the wifes 4x4 daily driver)
phonegunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2007, 08:42 AM   #71
indianrefining

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonegunner
Well... no....

The problem I have (and others that I personally know) is that they push your head forward (not just touching, but actually forcing your head forward) straining your neck and causing your chin to approach your chest...

This is when driving with the seat in the full upright position and not reclined...

This happens when they are in their lowest position thru the highest... (and in the optimal position as per the second quote above).

If it was going to catch your head and stop it from whiplash damage it is incorrectly designed for my head shape.

Ted...
Bingo! Like you (I'm assuming) I like to keep my seat back pretty much vertical. The way the new headrests are made shoved my head forward at (what to me, at least) is a very uncomfortable angle. The up/down adjustment isn't the point; it's the angle.

Last edited by indianrefining; 07-18-2007 at 12:48 PM..
indianrefining is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2007, 10:26 AM   #72
iamrone
2007 MK Compass 

Driver Door Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzDog
Have you had the dealer check it out, and have you checked other Compasses on the dealer's lot? I wonder if the hinge needs an adjustment. Mine has definite "stops" built into it at a couple of points in its range of motion.
I'm just wonder if that would aid in the fit of my Driver's door.

I get excessive 'creaking' over certain terain (like entering/exiting parking lots when the vehicle is uneven).

Also, when the driver door is closed, there is a definate raised lip where it meets the passenger door (the matte black plastic trim does not line up smoothly).

Anyone else have this?? My buddy's Caliber seems to have fittment issues here too..
iamrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #73
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I've seen several door adjustment posts. I'd have the dealer look at it.

Unread 08-04-2007, 02:39 PM   #74
ups4
2008 KK Liberty 

Now that we're into the scorching heat of summer down here in South Florida, can anyone explain to me why in the world the A/C won't remain on recirculate when you shut the engine off...and return. I'm referring to my wife's 07 Compass.

On my KJ, it's not a button, but a setting on the dial, and it will be on the same settings I left it on when I get back in the 200° heated vehicle.

It's not that big a deal, I just have to remember to push the button right away to evacuate the hot air....with the windows open. And remembering things at my age....well let's just say....ummm, I forget what I was talking about

Paul
ups4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2007, 03:02 PM   #75
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ups4
Now that we're into the scorching heat of summer down here in South Florida, can anyone explain to me why in the world the A/C won't remain on recirculate when you shut the engine off...and return. I'm referring to my wife's 07 Compass.

On my KJ, it's not a button, but a setting on the dial, and it will be on the same settings I left it on when I get back in the 200° heated vehicle.

It's not that big a deal, I just have to remember to push the button right away to evacuate the hot air....with the windows open. And remembering things at my age....well let's just say....ummm, I forget what I was talking about

Paul
Because:

NOTE: Continuous use of the recirculate mode may make the inside air stuffy and window fogging may occur. Extended use of this mode is not recommended. In cold or damp weather, the use of the Recirculate position will cause windows to fog on the inside because of moisture build up inside the vehicle. For maximum defogging, select the Outside Air position.

Ahh, sticky notes? Works for me.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.