Things that annoy you about Your Compass - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Things that annoy you about Your Compass

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 03-21-2007, 07:31 PM   #46
ups4
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPMainiac
The rear seat head rests are very difficult to see around, they take up a large part of the viewing area, its almost dangerous the way they cause a blindspot. Most of the time we have the rear seats folded down to avoid this.
Dave
Agree with you on this one, Mainiac. We keep the seats down also.

I don't particularly like the plastic, cheap looking interior. Even the Limited looks crappy on the inside. I would gladly pay more to have been able to choose an interior option pkg. or something.

But, what the heck...the wife loves it and it's her grocery getter, so be it.

Paul

ups4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2007, 11:09 AM   #47
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I'm in agreement with HPMainiac & ups4 on that one. Since it was brought up, I've taken to driving with the right rear folded down. I've been looking around at other cars and have seen some head rests on risers that would work well but require some seat modification and upholstery work.

The wife has an annoyance too (other than me). She like to have the front passenger seat go up and down like the drivers seat. She likes the SUV feel from sitting higher and I like it low for the extra head room.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick

Last edited by Gramps; 04-04-2007 at 07:57 PM..
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2007, 05:54 PM   #48
karigador

I find it's not so much the rear seat headrests that cause blind spot issues, but the fun little walls on either side of the tailgate. I would think they could have just continued back and downward with the rear side windows to give us a bit more visibility.
karigador is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2007, 06:45 PM   #49
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Yep, the C pillars are horrid on any of the MKs, (Calibers, Patriots or Compasses), but they make the look on my Cali... What happened to the headrests in the back that were like the front ones? (With a hole in the middle and whatnot?) That's what the Caliber concept had, that would have helped a little on all of them I think.
Unread 04-20-2007, 11:49 PM   #50
steel5blue
2007 MK Compass 

blind spot

since so many people gripe about the blind spots... I bought these little wedge-shaped blind spot mirrors at my local Kragen store (common in California) and they work great. They are not the common round ones, but kind of triangular with one rounded side that follows the contour of the OE mirror.
Anyway, I'm sure somebody mentioned them before. I 'm really impressed with them, for $ 3.50 each.
By the way , I'm new to the forum. Have a steelblue 4WD Compass Sport w/ manual, sunroof, electric package.
steel5blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2007, 05:36 AM   #51
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Kragen a.k.a. Checker and Schuck's Auto Parts.

to the group!

Unread 04-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #52
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

the 13.5 gallon gas tank is to small, even though i am getting like 23mpg, i still need to fill up almost every week /week and a half
echocat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 07:46 AM   #53
BuzzDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by echocat22
the 13.5 gallon gas tank is to small, even though i am getting like 23mpg, i still need to fill up almost every week /week and a half
LOL...guess it's all relative, echocat. When I drove a pickup I would've given practically anything to go an entire week on a tank of gas. Now I'm like you, and can go a week or two between fill ups.

My newest complaint: The 17" tires are still a relatively odd size, and replacements are expensive in comparison to other vehicles I've owned. I learned this when I ran over a nail and was thinking I might have to buy a new one. The good news is that the price will probably come down once more MK's (and variants) are on the road.

Fortunately I was able to convince my tire guy to patch it and mount it on the spare rim, and mount my full-size spare on my road rim. I hated the thought of trashing a tire with only 4,000 miles on it!
BuzzDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2007, 09:07 AM   #54
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzDog
LOL...guess it's all relative, echocat. When I drove a pickup I would've given practically anything to go an entire week on a tank of gas. Now I'm like you, and can go a week or two between fill ups.

i understand what you're saying about the tires......as far as the gas tank goes, i had a subaru 2.5 rs, with a 15.9 gall. tank , that got less mpg than the compass.....i wish the compass came with a bigger tank, i fill up the same # of times a week/every other week as before, i was just hoping to cut that to like two weeks, but didnt realize that the compass tank was so small, but i still really do like my compass
echocat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2007, 10:05 PM   #55
wonderment

I don't like the design of the dip stick area. If you check your oil inside the garage, you need a flashlight to peer down into the area in order to get the stick back in the slot correctly.

The engine compartment also needs a light.
wonderment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2007, 06:43 AM   #56
Jason31

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderment
I don't like the design of the dip stick area. If you check your oil inside the garage, you need a flashlight to peer down into the area in order to get the stick back in the slot correctly.

The engine compartment also needs a light.
Quick easy way around this. Just rip the stupid engine cover off. All you have to do is pull up on it from both sides. All it does is trap heat and "make the engine look good" Personally I'd rather let the engine breath and I think it looks better with the cover off anyways.
Unread 07-12-2007, 07:17 AM   #57
wonderment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason31
Quick easy way around this. Just rip the stupid engine cover off. All you have to do is pull up on it from both sides. All it does is trap heat and "make the engine look good" Personally I'd rather let the engine breath and I think it looks better with the cover off anyways.

Looks like a good game plan to try over the weekend. Agree.
wonderment is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2007, 01:48 PM   #58
phonegunner
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Peeve...

Front Seat Headrests ... tipped way too far forward for a long headed person...

Swapped them backwards... no go....

Swapped the ones from the rear seat of my Liberty ... better... turned those around ... works ok... just could be even better...

Adjustable ones somewhere...?

Ted...
2005 TJ Wrangler X (now with the oldest daughter)
2006 KJ Liberty Renegade (the work vehicle)
2007 MK (or is that mmmmmk?) Compass Limited (the wifes 4x4 daily driver)
phonegunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 08:09 AM   #59
indianrefining

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonegunner
Peeve...

Front Seat Headrests ... tipped way too far forward for a long headed person...

Swapped them backwards... no go....

Swapped the ones from the rear seat of my Liberty ... better... turned those around ... works ok... just could be even better...

Adjustable ones somewhere...?

Ted...
I know what you mean. Those stupid headrests turned me off immediately when we looked at a Patriot. Unfortunately, they seem to be the same on the Nitro and will probably be so on the new Liberty. It looks like they could allow for some sort of adjustment on them. If not, there are going to be a lot of busy chiropractors!
indianrefining is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2007, 01:45 PM   #60
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Up and down adjustment is about 2 1/2 inches. Do you mean "tilt"? I could go for that.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.