Things that annoy you about Your Compass - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Things that annoy you about Your Compass

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 01-16-2007, 12:46 PM   #31
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Here's some options The last one is my favorite!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-J...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Clino...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-J...QQcmdZViewItem

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2007, 02:35 PM   #32
phil8400

That second one looks nasty Gramps! Yikes. hehe.
phil8400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2007, 12:10 PM   #33
jdwoo99

Rattle!!!

I have a black limited compass which I really like. About the only thing that really annoys me is I have a rattle coming from the back of the vehicle that is a pain. I believe it is the cover lid for the spare tire. Not sure but I think that is where it is coming from. Anyone else having this?? Other than that I like my compass very much. I bought it mostly for the gas mileage and having owned a 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab prior to this the gassmileage is wonderful!! I seem to have a small issue with the defrosters.......seems the windows on a real cold day are a little hard to clear up. Not sure what that is.....will have the dealer look at it. I think Jeep should consider a very small V6 in this car for performance as an option.
jdwoo99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2007, 12:47 PM   #34
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdwoo99
I have a black limited compass which I really like. About the only thing that really annoys me is I have a rattle coming from the back of the vehicle that is a pain. I believe it is the cover lid for the spare tire. Not sure but I think that is where it is coming from. Anyone else having this?? Other than that I like my compass very much. I bought it mostly for the gas mileage and having owned a 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab prior to this the gas mileage is wonderful!! I seem to have a small issue with the defrosters.......seems the windows on a real cold day are a little hard to clear up. Not sure what that is.....will have the dealer look at it. I think Jeep should consider a very small V6 in this car for performance as an option.
I sometimes have a rattle back there too. I also carry my lunch box back there and a good sized ice scraper. Sometimes it rattles and sometimes not. Hard to do the locating when your the only one in it. Very intermittent. I've also noticed in this cold weather that the rear sub-woofer, on occasion, on certain songs, vibrates the side panel. It's not because of volume, that's turned down, I do think that it's because of really cold plastic!

and to the group!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick

Last edited by Gramps; 01-31-2007 at 06:59 PM..
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2007, 05:25 PM   #35
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

something seems to rattle sometimes back there on mine also, only when it is really really cold out though, so i'm guessing its the coldness
echocat22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2007, 06:24 PM   #36
snikr

Quote:
Originally Posted by echocat22
something seems to rattle sometimes back there on mine also, only when it is really really cold out though, so i'm guessing its the coldness
Same with ours. Sounds like the spare tire is rattling around. Too cold and snowy to check it out right now. If anyone finds out what is causing the noise I hope they post what it is.

Tom

So many roads.......So little vacation time
snikr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2007, 06:56 PM   #37
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

i think mine was coming from the removable "floor" that you lift up to get to the spare, i lifted it up shifted some stuff around that i had stored underneath with the spare and slammed it back down, didnt hear anything the next day after doing this......................when i get out of work in the am, its like 12 degrees out so everything needs a little time to heat up, my subaru made some weird noises also, until stuff got heated up, i'd say it is nothing serious at all, just the severe cold
echocat22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2007, 04:17 PM   #38
snikr

Quote:
Originally Posted by echocat22
i think mine was coming from the removable "floor" that you lift up to get to the spare, i lifted it up shifted some stuff around that i had stored underneath with the spare and slammed it back down, didnt hear anything the next day after doing this......................when i get out of work in the am, its like 12 degrees out so everything needs a little time to heat up, my subaru made some weird noises also, until stuff got heated up, i'd say it is nothing serious at all, just the severe cold
That's what I was thinking. Time will tell.

Tom

So many roads.......So little vacation time
snikr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2007, 04:03 PM   #39
hvac5777
2000 TJ Wrangler 

My biggest complaint is the plastic trim on the left of the driver seat. It has a point on the very end of it that catches my big ole foot everytime I get out. I have darn near ripped it off and it cut my wife's leg! Also, ours does not have a compass either. I mean really, no compass? Come on.
hvac5777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2007, 12:28 PM   #40
BuzzDog

Speaking of sharp edges, the spoiler-like thing above the rear window has a VERY sharp edge on it.

I learned this about a week ago when I was using a chamois to dry it off at the carwash...fortunately the damage was just a small nick to one of my fingers, which has already healed.

It was irritating, but I guess I overlooked it in my happiness over finally getting a warm-ish spell of weather. Finally got to wash off all of the road salt and grime!
BuzzDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2007, 10:42 PM   #41
Jeep Guy 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
I’m really starting to believe that all of these magazine writers plagiarize from maybe 1 or 2 test drives and collect their checks from their publishers. They all say the same thing; they all make the quip that “it’s not like other Jeeps” and then compare it like it’s supposed to be.
I have no problem with the Compass, and see it as a cool new member to the Jeep family. It's brand new, so I'm sure once all the little quirks are worked out of it it will gain it's own respect over time.
Jeep Guy 5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2007, 07:06 PM   #42
x96mnn
2008 KK Liberty 

I like the Jeep but have one small complaint.

I find when i open the door it really takes off so to speak. Most rigs the when you first open the door it opens quarter of the way then you need to put a little effort to get it to go further. I find mine takes off and swings open. Really need to watch it in parking lots!
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2007, 07:28 AM   #43
BuzzDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by x96mnn
I find when i open the door it really takes off so to speak. Most rigs the when you first open the door it opens quarter of the way then you need to put a little effort to get it to go further. I find mine takes off and swings open. Really need to watch it in parking lots!
Have you had the dealer check it out, and have you checked other Compasses on the dealer's lot? I wonder if the hinge needs an adjustment. Mine has definite "stops" built into it at a couple of points in its range of motion.
BuzzDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2007, 11:00 AM   #44
Jason31

Yeah the door swinging open wildly is an issue the dealer can fix. That should not happen.
Unread 03-21-2007, 07:06 PM   #45
HPMainiac

The rear seat head rests are very difficult to see around, they take up a large part of the viewing area, its almost dangerous the way they cause a blindspot. Most of the time we have the rear seats folded down to avoid this.
Dave
HPMainiac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.