JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   Things that annoy you about Your Compass (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/things-annoy-you-about-your-compass-360552/)

echocat22 01-11-2007 04:38 PM

Things that annoy you about Your Compass
 
let me start off by saying i LOVE my JEEP COMPASS 4x4 SPORT:D ......the one thing that annoys me about it though (as small as it may be) is that the visor(s) open towards the front windshield, you have to push them (to un-hook them) towards front windshield, half the time i knock the rearview mirror out of wack too , maybe its just me but .................................:dunno:

Gramps 01-11-2007 05:03 PM

I guess that I never unhook the visors, just flip them up and down, so I had to go look. Yup, they unhook forward alright. The Wife swings hers around but she hasn't hit the mirror.

Any way, I still don't like the front cup holders, too inaccessible especially with the armrest slid forward.

or

the front window pillars. They are a bit large and make a pretty good sized blind spot.

Nothing I can't live with considering I love everything else about mine.

echocat22 01-11-2007 05:23 PM

Nothing I can't live with considering I love everything else about mine:agree:

phil8400 01-11-2007 09:28 PM

I don't like the open cubby hole on the passenger side dash. ...wish it had a door.

Coasty161 01-11-2007 11:59 PM

one thing i HATE and i mean HATE, is all the bad press the car is gettin. i know its not the usual jeep people are use to but i dont think the designers had them in mind. the wife and i love the compass for exactly what it is. a great family car/suv/cuv ur choice.

Gramps 01-12-2007 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 07compasssport
one thing i HATE and i mean HATE, is all the bad press the car is gettin. i know its not the usual jeep people are use to but i dont think the designers had them in mind. the wife and i love the compass for exactly what it is. a great family car/suv/cuv ur choice.

:agree:
:ranton: I’m really starting to believe that all of these magazine writers plagiarize from maybe 1 or 2 test drives and collect their checks from their publishers. They all say the same thing; they all make the quip that “it’s not like other Jeeps” and then compare it like it’s supposed to be. Even Motor Trends magazine article was an about face from what their original web article read and now Consumer Reports has followed suit with the same crap! You can’t tell me that they did their own unbiased testing.:rantoff:

Michelle’s article was the only one that really gave the Compass a fair shake and she caught flack for that.

http://www.carsandtrucksforwomen.com...2_articleid=11

If you go over to Yahoo autos and read the user reviews over there the Compass come out with 4 ˝ stars and the owners love them.

http://autos.yahoo.com/jeep_compass_...9_ac__TtpQCNAF

I just put in my :2c: worth in Yahoo last night and invited readers to our site to read what we think of it. It’ll tale a few days for it to show up there and maybe the rest of you may want to think about doing the same. There was one idiot that said it “was terrible off the road”, well duh!

BuzzDog 01-12-2007 06:18 AM

These are more suggested improvements than annoyances, and I would like to hope that someone from DCX reads these forums. Nothing major, and mostly nitpicks:

1. I wish that the tailgate window opened
2. Like phil8400, I'd like a door on the passenger cubby
3. A door on the cubby under the radio; great place for the ID I have to wear at the office
4. A radio option that gives you RDS data, Sirius song data AND an "aux in" jack
5. A sunglass holder in the headliner
6. A pen clip molded into the center console or under the center armrest
7. Mount the antenna in the rear center section of the roof (near the sat antenna)
8. Pockets on the backs of the front seats

Nothing major, however, and you'd have a fight on your hands if you tried to take my Compass away from me!

echocat22 01-12-2007 09:03 AM

5. A sunglass holder in the headliner
6. A pen clip molded into the center console or under the center armrest
7. Mount the antenna in the rear center section of the roof (near the sat antenna)
8. Pockets on the backs of the front seats

good suggestions, have had a lot of strong winds around here lately, i keep waiting for my antenna to snap(maybe they should make it a bit shorter)

Gramps 01-12-2007 01:24 PM

I'm liking many of these ideas! Here are some from my first post in the Compass Owner Review:

Improvements that Compass could use: Flex Fuel, Voltage and Oil Pressure Gage, Raise the front cup holders (like they did the seats) and illuminate them, padded arm rests all around including the console) to lose some of the plastic feel, don’t bother with a dash pad, some one will make an after market and another set of 12V and 115V outlets in the rear cargo area. Maybe add the Freedom II as an option. Get rid of the “Urban” bobble head advertising.

I had also thought that the separate rear window/tailgate feature wold be nice but how could you do the rear speakers?

Another thing that I found laughable (kinda) is if it's raining pretty hard and you have the rear door up doing whatever in the cargo area, best step to the side when you go to close the door! That little "bucket" area that holds the license plate also holds a LOT of water! Great for wet t-shirt contests:laugh:

Afleet 01-12-2007 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuzzDog
4. A radio option that gives you RDS data, Sirius song data AND an "aux in" jack

I don't know about RDS, but the one I tested had song and title info and aux in jack. It was a fully loaded limited.

phil8400 01-12-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuzzDog
These are more suggested improvements than annoyances, and I would like to hope that someone from DCX reads these forums. Nothing major, and mostly nitpicks:

1. I wish that the tailgate window opened
2. Like phil8400, I'd like a door on the passenger cubby
3. A door on the cubby under the radio; great place for the ID I have to wear at the office
4. A radio option that gives you RDS data, Sirius song data AND an "aux in" jack
5. A sunglass holder in the headliner
6. A pen clip molded into the center console or under the center armrest
7. Mount the antenna in the rear center section of the roof (near the sat antenna)
8. Pockets on the backs of the front seats

Nothing major, however, and you'd have a fight on your hands if you tried to take my Compass away from me!

3. A door on the cubby under the radio; great place for the ID I have to wear at the office
5. A sunglass holder in the headliner

:thumbsup:

snikr 01-12-2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gramps
I'm liking many of these ideas! Here are some from my first post in the Compass Owner Review:
<snip>
That little "bucket" area that holds the license plate also hold a LOT of water! Great for wet t-shirt contests:laugh:

I REALLY like the idea of a Compass wet t-shirt contest. :2thumbsup: Maybe if I ask my wife REAL nicely.......oh never mind. Other than that I really like our Compass.

jetjane 01-12-2007 07:22 PM

My #1 petpeeve is the lack of a dome light over the rear seats. It is very very very dark back there, especially on the floor. The front dome lights and the cargo light have little or no effect on the rear seating at all. This probably wouldn't bother someone with no kids as much but I have 3 and they drop stuff on the floor all the time!

BuzzDog 01-13-2007 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afleet
I don't know about RDS, but the one I tested had song and title info and aux in jack. It was a fully loaded limited.

WOW...really? Single CD or six disc?

Afleet 01-13-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuzzDog
WOW...really? Single CD or six disc?

I'm not sure, ( I think it was a 6 disc) but the first thing I did check was to make sure you got the song and title info on Sirius. This thing had every option available and the sticker was close to 28k. Don't know if that means anything, though.


The time now is 11:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.