Is there a way to turn off the chime that accompanies the airbag light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Is there a way to turn off the chime that accompanies the airbag light

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
wes1019

Is there a way to turn off the chime that accompanies the airbag light

I have to make a long trip and the annoying chime every minute could lead to a bad case of road rage.

wes1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Why is it going off in the first place? Eliminate that problem and the chime and light will go away. Talk to the dealer.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I set my Volvo light off once and it could only be reset on the dealer computers.
Unread 03-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
wes1019

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR
Why is it going off in the first place? Eliminate that problem and the chime and light will go away. Talk to the dealer.
Thats my plan, but i cant get it in for a few days and will be traveling and was wondering if the chime can be disabled temporarily
Unread 03-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #5
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Try disconnecting negative battery cable for awhile. :20 or so.

Also find a fuse for the main computers. Ecm maybe? Not sure what its called in our cars. Pull that for awhile too.
Unread 03-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #6
wes1019

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR
Try disconnecting negative battery cable for awhile. :20 or so.

Also find a fuse for the main computers. Ecm maybe? Not sure what its called in our cars. Pull that for awhile too.
Worth a shot. When I went to disconnect the battery the cable was extremely loose. I did not have to turn the nut to remove it. Maybe this caused a random code and it wont come back. (Wishful thinking)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.