Test drove the new Compass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Test drove the new Compass

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-06-2006, 10:36 AM   #1
Lashlarue

Test drove the new Compass

Looks wise I was impressed, it was a Silver limited 4x2 with 18" chrome wheels. I guess I'm too big cause I felt claustrophobic and those 172 horses must be Shetlands. No acceleration whatsoever.I can't imagine the 4x4 trying to haul an extra 200+ lbs or having a full load of passengers or gear. Then I drove the Liberty, now thats a totally different vehicle, I will probably buy one as they are making me offers I'm finding hard to refuse. Over $4000 off Msrp...

Lashlarue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2006, 12:43 PM   #2
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashlarue
Looks wise I was impressed, it was a Silver limited 4x2 with 18" chrome wheels. I guess I'm too big cause I felt claustrophobic and those 172 horses must be Shetlands. No acceleration whatsoever.I can't imagine the 4x4 trying to haul an extra 200+ lbs or having a full load of passengers or gear. Then I drove the Liberty, now thats a totally different vehicle, I will probably buy one as they are making me offers I'm finding hard to refuse. Over $4000 off Msrp...
It should feel like a totally different vehicle, it IS a totally different vehicle.

Fuel economy comes at a cost. Like 40-50% less mpg, but I do like the Libby.

You shouldn't be looking at MSRP in this market, you want to pay INVOICE. Depending upon the model, $4k might not be enough of a discount.

K
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.