Temp. Gauge - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Temp. Gauge

Jeep Liberty Window RegulatorJeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 01-20-2008, 02:45 PM   #1
Chriztofor
2007 MK Compass 

Temp. Gauge

I just noticed that when my car is warm my temp. gauge needle is at one mark passed the cold position. When you engine is warm is yours located in the middle of the gauge?

Chriztofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
Jeepster55

yea, pretty close to middle anyway. not quite straight up-and-down. do you have heat? notice any leaks? OR is it just freaking COLD outside? (Zero or less....)
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Mine runs in this zone. To the left side of the circle when it's winter; to the right side in the summer. The only time it's been all the way up to half way was in AZ @ 107 degrees.
f1.jpg  

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Mine runs in this zone. To the left side of the circle when it's winter; to the right side in the summer. The only time it's been all the way up to half way was in AZ @ 107 degrees.
thanks for the pic, Gramps. that's right where MINE runs too......you know what they say; "A picture is worth a thousand words"
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2008, 06:05 PM   #5
Laloggia
2010 JK Wrangler 

When its 25 degrees or colder, mine runs at about the 1/4 mark between C and middle. When its warmer, it runs just to the left of the middle. It really depends on how cold it is outside. Summer....its normal. I have heat either way. I think i would rather have it running cooler anyways.
2007 Honda Civic Coupe
Laloggia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2008, 10:05 PM   #6
Chriztofor
2007 MK Compass 

Thanks! It is 4 degrees here in Chicago. I have heat just wondering if something is wrong. On my other car it is dead middle no matter what the temp.. Good to know that the temp gauge fluctuating, depending on the climate, is normal on our cars. I love this board!
Chriztofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2008, 05:01 PM   #7
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

temp is usually around the same as the pic in post #3. every once and a while it gets up to the middle when driving slow on the logging roads.
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2008, 07:28 PM   #8
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

It was 8 degrees when I left for work this morning, and 22 when I left. It hangs around the area noted in post #3. I'll check again tomorrow morning (I do let it warm up before going to work).
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 02:54 AM   #9
hvac59

Mine runs in about the same place also! I'm using a SCANGAUGE too, whisch reports anywhere from 177 to 186 on my commute to work. I'll keep an eye on it and post back when it changes in relation to the dash gauge. Does seem a little on the cool side. I mean my other vehicles seem to run in the 200 range!
hvac59
White 09 JK "X"
hvac59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2008, 04:58 AM   #10
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

This past week with the start of my days @ -15 it's been sitting right on the 1/4 mark. That's after being warmed up and all the way threw my 25 mile drive. It goes back to my normal as indicated in post 3 when the outside temps get up to 0 to 10 or so. I don't hardly remember any of my stuff running that cold for a long time. They've all been up around the 190 - 200 mark because that's the temp of the thermostat but my Compass seems to run fine with the variations.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.