Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Stubby or Bullet antenna??

7K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  deepnite10 
#1 ·
Anyone change out that long antenna with a short stubby one? I don't even listen to the radio, since I have satellite, and a short one would look better IMHO

If so any recommendations?

#6 ·
About this:
Personally, I think that short antennas look good only when roof-mounted (which I wish Jeep had done on the Compass). When a short antenna's on the front fender, it looks like it got clipped off at the carwash... :)
in that thread:
It got me interested what are the actual differences between export/euro and US/Canada (and may-be other markets) Compasses.
Because I do have this antenna BuzzDog described:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff102/FE700/Skid_Plate/Antenn.jpg

Maybe it's a good idea to create a separate thread about these differences?
With pictures :2thumbsup:

#9 ·
Thread size for Compass Antenna ??????

Does anyone know what size the antenna treads are? I am trying to buy an antenna and it comes in either M5 or M6 size, which I guess is metric. Any help would be great. I guess I could take it off and measure it, but I's not be that smart.

#11 ·
Somehow I knew you would be the one to provide the answer :) Thank you very much ... you da man!!!

#13 ·
Newest mod - nothing big ... just a 14" black antenna instead of that long silver one

Since I don't listen to the radio, I am just trying to make it look better.

#14 ·
#15 ·
Yes it sure is :)

Bought that from you on March 15th :)

Love it :)

#18 ·
You have to order directly thru our website, and it will take you to checkout where you put in the 10% off code.

www.AntennaX.com

#23 ·
Pics of the antenna or wife? :cheers2:

Just kiddin .... hehehe - I need to order one for my wifes Durango too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.