Still having rear wheel noise! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Still having rear wheel noise!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 07-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
udmover
2011 WK 

Still having rear wheel noise!

I posted a little while back about a severe rear wheel noise I was experiencing on my '08 Patriot. One response suggested a "noisy tire". This made the most sense to me, as I have experienced this on a different car. The problem, however, is that I have driven about 2500 miles since my first report of the problem, and the noise seems to be getting worse. My other experience with a noisy tire ended about 500 miles after it started. Can a tire be "noisy" for this many miles, or is there possibly something else here? I hesitate taking it to the dealer, as they usually have a long wait getting the car back. I can deal with the tire issue as long as that's all it is. Again, I have no noticeable loss of steering, braking, handling, etc. I only have 19000 miles on these tires.

udmover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
miketmx
2008 MK Patriot 

I commented about tire noise on your first thread but you seem to have a more severe noise than I have. I think a trip to the dealer is necessary but you ought to jack up the rear end of the car and spin the wheel manually. A really bad wheel bearing would make a rumbling sound.
miketmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
wesleyd
2009 MK Compass 

Do you have a hitch installed? The facia that covers the bumper could be vibrating on the hitch. Some hitches also rub on the tailpipe once the hangers get warm and the exhaust drops a bit.
wesleyd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.