Still having rear wheel noise! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Still having rear wheel noise!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 07-19-2009, 09:34 AM   #1
udmover
2011 WK 

Still having rear wheel noise!

I posted a little while back about a severe rear wheel noise I was experiencing on my '08 Patriot. One response suggested a "noisy tire". This made the most sense to me, as I have experienced this on a different car. The problem, however, is that I have driven about 2500 miles since my first report of the problem, and the noise seems to be getting worse. My other experience with a noisy tire ended about 500 miles after it started. Can a tire be "noisy" for this many miles, or is there possibly something else here? I hesitate taking it to the dealer, as they usually have a long wait getting the car back. I can deal with the tire issue as long as that's all it is. Again, I have no noticeable loss of steering, braking, handling, etc. I only have 19000 miles on these tires.

udmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
miketmx
2008 MK Patriot 

I commented about tire noise on your first thread but you seem to have a more severe noise than I have. I think a trip to the dealer is necessary but you ought to jack up the rear end of the car and spin the wheel manually. A really bad wheel bearing would make a rumbling sound.
miketmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2009, 04:13 PM   #3
wesleyd
2009 MK Compass 

Do you have a hitch installed? The facia that covers the bumper could be vibrating on the hitch. Some hitches also rub on the tailpipe once the hangers get warm and the exhaust drops a bit.
wesleyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.