Stereo upgrade to an '11 patriot? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Stereo upgrade to an '11 patriot?

The Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Reply
Unread 05-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
4.0H.O.XJ
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA/Japan
Posts: 2,439
Stereo upgrade to an '11 patriot?

Sounds good, but not loud enough. Can an amp be added to the factory stereo? tweeters? thanks.

4.0H.O.XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2011, 07:48 AM   #2
IRSmart
Registered User
2011 MK Compass 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 1,078
do you have the sun/sound group (the sound package with the sunroof, the subwoofer and 2 articulating liftgate speakers)? i have it in mine, it was a requirement. it's one of the best sound systems i've ever heard. i believe that it is something that can be added. check out mopar's website:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...nversions.html

with your regret in the 4x4 and the sound system, you might be better off trading in your car and getting one that you actually enjoy. the sooner you do it the better due to the miles.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #3
pvirga88
Registered User
2011 MK Patriot 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
Posts: 16
You can pretty much do anything you want to make is sound better...

If you have the base system like I have in my 2011 pick up a couple of sets of new 6x9 speakers to attach to the OEM Radio would be the first route...

Rockford Fosgate PRIME R1693 6x9 or Sony Xplōd XS-GT6937A 6x9's

Both of these sets are a direct fit no cutting needed... I personally have the Sony's and they Rock!!!
I know there are others that will fit just do some searching online and use the specs from these to get an idea of the mounting depth... Crutchfiled.com also is a big help when it comes to products to help you out in the sound department...

After installing the new Speakers it prompted me to purchase a new HU to get more power to the Bass Hungry speakers I installed. I recently ordered the Pioneer AVH-P3300BT to give me the touch screen, BT, and iPod connection... it also has an option for NAV but my Cell phone works fine for that...

I put about $450.00 for the HU and $160.00 for the 4 Speakers through Crutchfield for a total of $610.00 shipped (free shipping) and it comes with all the bells and whistles to install them I didn't need to buy anything extra...

All in all if you put some $$$ into it you can pretty much do anything you want to your ride to make it sound good...
pvirga88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 02:18 PM   #4
IRSmart
Registered User
2011 MK Compass 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 1,078
the upgraded factory sound system is among the best i have ever heard. for $640 MSRP you get the media center 430 from the factory, which includes a 30 gig hard drive for storing music. for $1,295 MSRP you get a power express sunroof, 9 Boston Acoustic speakers w/subwoofer, 2 articulating liftgate speakers, and SIRIUS Satellite Radio. for an additional $375 MSRP you can have the U-Connect voice command with bluetooth. with as tempermental as these cars are now with the electronics, i wouldn't want to be diving too deep into them with aftermarket equipment. i got all this on mine, with the exception of the U-connect, which i added later. by adding the U-connect, you lose the two buttons on the steering wheel and you must use the buttons on the face of the radio.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2011, 06:49 AM   #5
pvirga88
Registered User
2011 MK Patriot 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
the upgraded factory sound system is among the best i have ever heard. for $640 MSRP you get the media center 430 from the factory, which includes a 30 gig hard drive for storing music. for $1,295 MSRP you get a power express sunroof, 9 Boston Acoustic speakers w/subwoofer, 2 articulating liftgate speakers, and SIRIUS Satellite Radio. for an additional $375 MSRP you can have the U-Connect voice command with bluetooth. with as tempermental as these cars are now with the electronics, i wouldn't want to be diving too deep into them with aftermarket equipment. i got all this on mine, with the exception of the U-connect, which i added later. by adding the U-connect, you lose the two buttons on the steering wheel and you must use the buttons on the face of the radio.
Unfortunately He won't be able to do that upgrade cause he already purchased the car and drove it off the lot... Unless he trades it in and gets an upgraded model. The options you are speaking of are factory options you need to purchase the car with. If he were to do them now the price would be double or triple due to the installation costs from the dealer. As for the sunroof he won't be able to get it cause the dealer will not cut into the car. He will lose complete integrity of the roof and most likely his warranty will be void there after.

His only option now is to upgrade via aftermarket for the stereo system and just forget about a sunroof.

I do agree with you the factory stereo is awesome out the box. Very good bang for your buck. But if you choose to go base like we did you have plenty of aftermarket flexability that will sound equally and if not better than the Factory system for half the cost if you install it yourself.

Well that's my Opinion
pvirga88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:27 AM   #6
IRSmart
Registered User
2011 MK Compass 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Westminster, MD
Posts: 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvirga88 View Post
Unfortunately He won't be able to do that upgrade cause he already purchased the car and drove it off the lot... Unless he trades it in and gets an upgraded model. The options you are speaking of are factory options you need to purchase the car with. If he were to do them now the price would be double or triple due to the installation costs from the dealer. As for the sunroof he won't be able to get it cause the dealer will not cut into the car. He will lose complete integrity of the roof and most likely his warranty will be void there after.

His only option now is to upgrade via aftermarket for the stereo system and just forget about a sunroof.

I do agree with you the factory stereo is awesome out the box. Very good bang for your buck. But if you choose to go base like we did you have plenty of aftermarket flexability that will sound equally and if not better than the Factory system for half the cost if you install it yourself.

Well that's my Opinion
i realize that, check my first post, that's what i meant. he also expressed displeasure with his choice in the FD-I and wished he had gotten the FD-II, so i suggested trading it for a patriot with more options.

and you're incorrect about the sunroof. we install them after the fact all the time. in fact, all factory sunroofs are installed after the car has been made, they go out and cut a hole in the roof at the end of production. installing a sunroof at a dealer is done in a way that is surprisingly similar to the way it is done at the factory.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2011, 05:52 AM   #7
pvirga88
Registered User
2011 MK Patriot 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Wappingers Falls, NY
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
i realize that, check my first post, that's what i meant. he also expressed displeasure with his choice in the FD-I and wished he had gotten the FD-II, so i suggested trading it for a patriot with more options.

and you're incorrect about the sunroof. we install them after the fact all the time. in fact, all factory sunroofs are installed after the car has been made, they go out and cut a hole in the roof at the end of production. installing a sunroof at a dealer is done in a way that is surprisingly similar to the way it is done at the factory.
I didn't realize that.. Sorry

As for the Sunroof part I wanted one in my Patriot but my dealer didn't have any in the lot with one I asked about them installing one and they said they didn't do it as it would void the warranty. They said they only come from factory with a Sunroof... that is were I got my sunroof statement from. I guess this type of work is on a Dealer to Dealer basis... maybe some are able to perform the work and other are not... Well it saved me a cool $1,000 not getting one anyway so its always good saving money.
pvirga88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 03:12 PM   #8
rtb23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1
Anyone ever heard these speakers? Or know anything about them?
http://www.justforjeeps.com/kifr6x9sp.html

Also, does the base sound system have enough power to push the RF's and Sony's?
rtb23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #9
FujativeOCR
Registered User
2011 MK Patriot 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Newfoundland, Center of the Universe
Posts: 878
Ewww. I can't believe some people in here are saying the factory system (with sub and such...sun/sound group) is the best they've heard. I have it and find it repulsive for a premium stereo. I'm afraid to modify it with something better because I don't want to void the warranty, but I desperately want to.

I stopped by a reputable audio shop in Fresno, looking for crossover options for the factory speakers and sub, and he suggested a JBL MS-8. It's an equalizer/optimizer that can integrate with any factory or aftermarket system. They cost about $800, which is harsh, but it can automatically set crossover slopes and eq everything in the car to make it sound better, or you can do it yourself with a 31 band equalizer. If I can prove it won't void the factory warranty or Chrysler service plan I bought, I'm going to put one in my patriot.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.