Stereo system in Compass - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Stereo system in Compass

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-18-2007, 09:27 AM   #16
soycap
2007 MK Compass 

Yep, I am going to agree. It looks like the amp takes high level inputs from the HU. I guess I'm going after market HU, Nav , and Speakers/Sub if we get a Compass. I would so much rather OEM and skip running cable, but there are just too many draw backs for my tastes (it appears no AUX on the Nav System either).

Thanks for putting together your site, I know it will save me a lot of time to have all of this information in one place.

soycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #17
nearly.normal
2007 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soycap
(it appears no AUX on the Nav System either). .
Only way to get that is to add the iPod integration which is another $170 aftermarket.

I added the Nav and iPod integration on my own. Picked up a new Nav on eBay for $750 without DVD. But you can 'find' those if you look hard.

Eh... not the best, but it's OEM looking which is what I was after.

I am kind of wishing I went with a Pioneer AVIC-D3. But it would have been a little more $$ and a little more hassle.

Cheers,
Jim
Unread 08-20-2007, 11:32 PM   #18
soycap
2007 MK Compass 

I won't know what what we are doing about the nav until I get some time take a good look at the dash. We signed the papers tonight for a black Compass 5-speed Rallye Edition, but we won't have it in hand until tomorrow.

I have some heavy modding ideas using the OEM nav bezel, but I doubt I will actually do them. I may just have a mount and wires coming out of the pocket under the HU with a cover over the pocket for a clean look. I'm looking to replace the HU with a pioneer/bluetooth HU to give us hands free, and will replce the door speakers. I would like to avoid external amps and subs for this car, because we could use the extra space and I hate pulling 4 Gage Wire and RCAs from the front to the back of the car anyway.

This will be my wifes car, so this stuff will be birthday and Christmas gifts over the next year.
Unread 08-22-2007, 05:43 PM   #19
pszemia
2007 MK Compass 

Adding tweeters?

Hi, i want to know if it possible to add tweeters to the 4 speakers system included in my audio system.

also how can i check if i have the cables and if they are connected to the stereo?

wich size are the 4 speakers?

Thankssssssssss

ariel
pszemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 11:13 PM   #20
soycap
2007 MK Compass 

The 4 doors are 6x9 OEM.

Kicker makes a front speaker upgrade that is designed for the MK and uses the dash for the tweeters:

http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/frdaspsetof41.html

The Kicker upgrade does not seem to use a crossover, so that will save you some work (probably using a capacitor on the tweeter itself to limit the frequency). My understanding is that they only wire the dash if you get the Boston system upgrade. That being the case, you will need to pick off the speaker cable to the front door speakers to drive the tweeters (they should be designed to run on the same channel off of the amp).
Unread 08-23-2007, 03:34 PM   #21
nearly.normal
2007 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soycap
My understanding is that they only wire the dash if you get the Boston system upgrade. .
That is what I thought also.
But when I was installing my Nav radio I swear I found the tweeter wires way up in the dash bundled up.

The wiring colors match what is in the service manual.

I did not have any time to test, trace , confirm as I was reassembling on a schedule.

But I just got a set of Infinity 10.7t kappa 1" tweeters in the mail and should be installing them this weekend.

I will let you know if those are the tweeter wires up there already.

Jim
Unread 08-23-2007, 07:20 PM   #22
soycap
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearly.normal
But I just got a set of Infinity 10.7t kappa 1" tweeters in the mail and should be installing them this weekend.

I will let you know if those are the tweeter wires up there already.
Nice, grab some pics of the install if you get a chance. Every little bit helps
Unread 09-08-2008, 01:36 PM   #23
ryotito

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricialynn78 View Post
OK, nevermind. The dealership was unable to "get their hands" on the car that they were supposed to have gotten for me. So for 40 more a month, I am getting the Epackage which includes all the I had wanted to begin with. They were just getting me a D package with power windows/locks and AC. So I am happier Compass owner!!!
I look forward to taking it to South Padre this weekend. I will be able to use the flipdown system on the beach. So much fun to be had. Thanks again !!!!
Do you have the dvd NAV?
My dvd Navigation does not auto dim and well that is really inconvenient since you cant manipulate the thing wile you drive
ryotito is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.